Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schroeder 410 vs. Epi UL-410 vs. Berg 322

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rockstarbassist, Sep 1, 2005.

1. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Well, I'm planning on upping my rig in the next 3-6 months. But I want a cab that'll do my big-rig venues (my 1210 is good, but sometimes we play 1000+ auditoriums/churches with HUGE stages) and I need a lil bit more on stage.

I'll prolly add a new power amp as well, like a Stewy 2.1, but just curious as to which of these cabs would rock it the best.

I've heard the Berg is the possibly best-sounding of the group, but at 95lbs, whew!! :) So, yeah. Pro's and cons if y'all can! :bassist:

2. GeorgeG

GeorgeG Commercial User

Jun 15, 2005
    Sydney, Australia
    Owner of Bass Gear Direct
    Hey man,

I own the Epi 410UL and have used it at outdoor events 1000+ and it kills. Thats what it's made for. I drive it with a Stewart 1.2 and eden navigator, sound on stage never a problem. Got nice spread and at 57LBS my back can't thank me enough. Though I am curious as to how 2 Schroe's 1210 would go as to the single Epi 410.
    Cheers
    GeorgeG.

3. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    Well honestly I'd just look at another 1210 or 1212 to add to my own, but, since their prices are comparable now to the Epi's and Berg's, I'm giving those a look.

From what I've read, the Epi's are pretty killer. I think the Berg would be nice, but not sure if it'd be loud enough. Plus, I want a single-cab solution for this stuff.

4. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

My amp is a Stewart World 2.1. I sometimes bridge it into a Bergantino HT210/HT115 stack, which is in the same ballpark as the HT322. I get plenty of sound out of that rig! :eek: :)

5. popinfresh

popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    I havn't experienced the Berg or Epi, though I do own the Schroeder.

I play at loud venues with other bands using fridges, 410 + 15 or 6x10 rigs. I rock up with my little Schroeder and the loudest i've had it with the V8 is around 3 or so on the master, and around 1-3 o'clock on the gain. This little thing is LOUD. Not only is it loud, but as you would know, it fills out a stage really well, meaning that if we have PA support, I DON'T have to turn up much at all, because all the band can hear me, and I can hear myself wherever I go.
    Brilliant cab with awesome tone to boot.

6. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I have yet to find a venue my Schroeder 410 won't cover. They have great mix cutting tone, and the side firing speakers really give the cab the "surround sound omniprescense" on stage that just can't be beat.