Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schroeder Airheads...???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Chef, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    So...anyone used this option yet?
    What did you put in it?
    I have an swr super redhead that might work real nice as a 1210 or 1212 combo...hmmmmmm

some details here:
    http://www.schroedercabinets.com/used.htm

2. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Not even any comments?

3. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    i'm not quite sure what you are getting at..

4. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    You might check with Brian Barrett or Jorg; they probably know where the ones sold went and possibly how to contact the owners (though you'd think there would be some on talkbass).

5. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO

Look at the pix: Schroeder 1212 with a 4 space rack built in for you to slot you thunderfunk or whatever into and "make your won combo."

6. Jack

Jack

Sep 6, 2003
    Newcastle, UK
    Personally I dont get it, just put your head on top of the cab.

I mean, why bother to rack it and everything when it can go on top. Sure, its one more cable, but you can change heads anytime.

7. So you can carry your amp and cab all in one unit for an easier or more convenient transport I suppose.

8. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    Hawaii
    I'm kinda curious myself.......I recently got a pair of Mini 12's [sound great BTW] and almost got a airhead for my Thunderfunk. Hmmm....I still might get a third Mini 12 airhead to go with the Thunderfunk.......the ultimate small combo :bassist:

9. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    heres is my 1212 airhead... personal little combo. I love it, some at Summer NAMM 05 might have seen it or played through it at the show. Mine is loaded with a Lab Gruppen 2600 (Awesome amp & at 19 Lbs) and then a Sabine tuner and Rack mount TV (of course). I have pop out caster's for mine as well.

[​IMG]

10. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    That looks cool as shizat, B! I bet it sounds fantastic!!! :eek: :bassist: :hyper:

11. Chef

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    That outboard preamp gets me every time I see it...:)

12. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I had an Eden Airehead, which was the same idea.

My take was, although it seems like a cool idea, for anything larger than a 1-12 or possibly a 1-15, putting everything in one unit makes it *less* convenient to transport, not more. The combined unit is bulkier and heavier than either one is separately.

13. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I bet that SLAMS!

P.S. As soon as I win the lottery, I'm getting a Lab.Gruppen fP6400 (and a few more Schroeders).

14. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

the air head is a great option for a "super" combo......but some amps won't fit in the space, like my Ampeg SVT4 chasis. I think the airhead depth is 16" (Jorg and/or Brian would know for sure). I've opted to stick with a standard 1212 and just put my amp in a separate rack, which actually will be better since the Ampeg is 40lbs itself.

15. Brian Barrett

Brian Barrett

Nov 25, 2001
    Murfreesboro, TN (Nashville)
    Dealer LowEndBassShop.com, Builder LowEndBasses.com
    the depth is about 13 3/4's. The LG Fits perfect being just over 11" as well as I know the Crest Pro200 and many other heads will fit this depth. The Ampeg obviously doesn't fit as stated and I know the CA Crest would be way to deep as well.

Thanks