Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schroeder Cabinets may get a dealer in Canada

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by um... yeah, Jan 25, 2005.

1. I spoke with Dave at Ultimate Basses and apparently he received an email from Schroeder regarding possible dealership. I didn't ask him what his decision is, but the more people who contact him, the better. :D

Ultimate Basses

2. Steve Clark

Steve Clark Supporting Member

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    you mean www.ultimatebasses.ca

I had never heard of them. Meaning Ultimate Basses, not Schreoders. Where is Dave located? I see its a 519 number which might be close to me and worth a trip.
    I would love to check out the Epiphani stuff. As well as a Fodera (like I can afford one). I suppose I could sell all my basses.

3. He's right next door to you in Guelph. Oh, and Epiphani is spelled E-P-I-F-A-N-I ;)

4. Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    um . . .thanks

5. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    He has them now. And he will make a house call if you live in Guelph or Toronto or anywhere in between. Now that's service.

6. Bennito

Bennito

Sep 12, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    This is incredible. I had only heard of Club Bass before. Are there other places like this in the extended GTA? (Hamilton, Guelph, Toronto area etc??)

7. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Canuck Amateur

I never knew he existed and I work in Guelph. Go figger.

RE the cabinets, I'd be interested in hearing them as my emails to Shroeder re the frequency response of his cabinets did not result in any numbers I could use.

He did answer my emails but could not answer my question on frequency response. I play some 5-strings, so was naturally interested in the bottom frequency response characteristics of his cabs. He was unable to give me the numbers. So, if I could hear them, then that would go a long way to answering my questions.

8. Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    Is it Dave Woodhead?

9. Ostinato

Ostinato Guest

Feb 7, 2005
    Toronto ON
    You know I didn't get around to asking him that. Maybe because his pic was making me feel uncomfortable. The dude looked like he just got out of bed. Put some proper clothes on, man!

10. As long as you're checking out gear in the region you should also check with Greg Holmes at GH Services (http://www.ghservices.com/). He's the Canadian dealer for AccuGroove and also handles Basslab and Acoustic Image. He was a great guy to work with and also does "house calls".

Best of luck!