1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

schroeder cabs: for rock?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by instigata, Apr 23, 2006.

1. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    i may be picking up a schroeder 1210. i was wondering how this sounds in a rock setting, like grunge and alternative stuff.

2. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Sounds great. Plenty of lows, solid mids, and everything cuts through. I've used mine for rock with much success.

3. I've used my 310212 in my hard rock band for several months now - it is IDEAL for that. It growls and grinds, but also kicks out that proper low end that doesn't rumble everything but sounds really low and clear. I've received comments on my tone from people in the audience who I've never seen before telling my my tone is "disgustingly sweet." It doesn't get better than that.

Just FYI, I'm using an Ampeg SVT-2 Pro to power the thing, and playing a Warwick Thumb BO 6 into it.

4. spectorbass83

spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    canada
    I use my 1212 in an alternative rock band. It cuts through like nothing else and provides great lows. Nice full, round tone..I dig it and would recommend it to anybody who is considering using it in a rock/grunge/alternative band.

5. I use my 310212 for heavy rock, much l;ike BassIan. It is very thick and full with my tube head... great growl with the warwick thumb too!

6. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PHL
    schroeders would be my knee jerk reaction for all things rock.

tho i'm skeptical, some say the 1210 can push out as much volume as a 4x10, but hey, a pair would kick major butt.

7. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Great for rock.

I use my 3101212 with my 400+ and its awesome.

8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I believe his current cab is an Avatar 210. Hopefully he'll be picking up my 1210 on Sat... I work 15 minutes from him so I'm bringing by in person for a test drive :bassist:

I'm thinking the 1210 is kinda in league with a 1x15 + 2x10 set up. Listening to his "myspace" tunes... the 1210 should fit nicely!

9. ibz

ibz

Apr 14, 2005
    Columbus, OH
    I think it depends on how efficient the 4x10 is really, but I think it really can be as loud, or real close in volume to your typical 4x10. Certainly very suprising for it's size to say the least.

But again what specifically you're comparing it to is pretty important.

10. Schwinn

Schwinn

Dec 4, 2002
    Sarasota, FL
    Great cab for rock...lots of punch to cut thru guitars if you can give it enough power.

11. Guiseppe

Guiseppe

Oct 26, 2003
    Vancouver, WA
    Both my Schroeder's kick major butt (21012/410L) and either cab is enough for all the venues I play...I just call it "headroom" and wink knowingly :D

They're both GREAT cabinets for rock bass guitar.