Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Schroeder Cabs In Action!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by megiddo, Sep 9, 2004.

1. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    It's going to be a while before I can order mine, but until then I can live vicariously through y'all. :p So post your Schroeder cabs in action here! :hyper: OK, if you have a photo of your amp and Schroeder sitting in your living room, that would work as well.

Meanwhile I've got a long wait. :crying:

"if you have a photo of your amp and Schroeder sitting in your living room" I mean the cab, not Jorg. :D But then if you have a photo of your amp and Jorg sitting in your living room go ahead and post that too! :D

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    Did you look at the players page? bunch of guys sent in photos...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.
    Does this count?

[​IMG]

Thats Jorg's back lol

Or this video from the GTG :http://www.mnl.biz/talkbass.wmv

That has Daniel E. Playing my bass through Shroeder cabs, you might be able to see them on the floor in some of the shots. Most everyone played through them that day. They rocked :)

4. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas

I did a search on "Schroeder" and didn't see any threads like "post a photo of your Schroeder" type thing and so I thought I had an idea. :meh: I thought I had read every Schroeder related thread. Sorry about that. :oops:

Thanks for the photos though! :D

5. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I'm one of the (currently) few around these parts that have a Schroeder 410.

A couple of pictures of my system are here.

Sounds very nice: smooth, balanced, deep, punchy, & powerful.

I like this system alot!

6. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    no no no ... on Jorg's site

www.schroedercabinets.com/players.htm <-- lots of players pictures there

:cool:

7. megiddo

megiddo

Apr 5, 2003
    Houston, Texas
    Cool, thank for the link. :D

8. Interesting clip. My favorite parts start @ 2:25 (epecially during the smoke break :D ) and 3:00. Whatever bass or basses Daniel E. is using during those parts sound awesome!

And does everybody in Texas only slap or what? Where's the fingerstyle? Everybody that I heard play has zingy tone. Am I the only member of the Dark Side? :ninja:

9. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Everyone was so saddened that I couldn't make it that they only slapped. Had I been there, there would have been plenty of fingerstyle.

10. Juneau

Juneau

Jul 15, 2004
    Dallas, TX.

Thats Zon4John in both of those parts as well as the picture. First on a Sadowsky (at 2:25), followed by a Skjold bass (at 3:00) that you cant see. Zon4John actually played with his back to us most of the time, and he didnt slap once :) And thats me standing next to Jorg in the smoke break, Im wearing the black TalkBass shirt hehe.

The video happens to capture a lot of slapping, but there were a few styles represented that didnt happen to get video'd :bassist: Slapping was rather prevalent that day however.

11. :p LOL! That's ME playing on my Roscoe at the sweaty Dallas get-together.

BTW, I just ordered a Schroeder 1210!! I demo'ed Pete Skjold's at his shop, just to make sure.....I'M SURE!! Great cabs for live situations.

12. I should have said everyone expect him. I must have been too busy listening to the tone and trying figure out what basses he was using.

Sean