Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

schroeder mini 12... how do they sound?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ::::BASSIST::::, May 29, 2005.

1. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    I want to buy one, but i havent heard much about them soundwise.

so how do they sound? Do they have decent low-end?

2. rabass6

rabass6 Commercial User

Jun 3, 2004
    Italy
    Owner, Groovemania.it
    I think you could ask to Jorg directly, he's really cool and honest in describing his cabs.

3. dcr

dcr Supporting Member

If you will, please report what you find out here!

Been interested in one in an "Airhead" version. Would make a kickin' and MUCH CHEAPER alternative to an EA350 Combo with the head I already have.

Thanks!

dcr

4. 4Mal

4Mal Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2002
    Columbia River Gorge
    There is one for sale in the Portland, OR Craigslist. Maybe the seller would chat about why he is selling ?

5. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    My *current* question is: the mini 12 has a 500w rms driver so it must go pretty loud. Jorg said that using the mini 12 at loud volumes (ie med. size venue) for long term is not a good idea. why? is it because driving it often at, say 450watts will, overtime, damage the driver?

6. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Smash was kind enough to get together with me and show me his gear and what it would sound like with my clarus. In our conversation he said that a)almost all of the venues in our area have pa support b)if you have pa support you dont need to have more power than what you would need for a rehearsal.

With my current band a single 12 and 200w amp I have enough. I am more concerned about those occassions with no pa support such as halls, a rec room in a community centre etc.

At this point i would assume that i would be playing venues with pa support, but its difficult to say. I know there is talk of a gig soon at a community centre.

I would just like to have adequate gear for whatever may come up. But at the same time, I dont want to push around a 70lb rig as i dont drive.

7. ::::BASSIST::::

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    no we didnt try the TF and wizzy. i wish we had. so many variables w/ both our gear, but thats one we should have done.