Schroeder mini 12+

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MikeBass, Jan 9, 2006.

1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Anyone try this cab??
    Comparred to say the Bergantino 12, Epifani 12, Aggi 12 or Eden 12??

Personally I think that Aguilar ruined the single 12 market and everyone was in a hurry to catch up (which they did). And now everyone has a single 12 cab out there.
    But I haven't seen or heard much about this little bugger.
  2. Mcrelly

Jun 16, 2003
    Minnesota, USA
    do you mean that in a positive way? or is their product sub-par?
  3. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    actually, i heard epifani were the first to make a 12" cab. anyone?

as for the mini 12, i've heard less than stellar reviews vs. many of the 12" cabs we know and love.
  4. ::::BASSIST::::

::::BASSIST:::: Progress Not Perfection.

Sep 2, 2004
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    i dont have alot of experience with a variety of cabs:

ea wizzy
    ampeg 215
    ampeg pb-110
    schroe 1210
    gk 410b
    peavey 412

but the mini 12 is a great cab if you are looking for a small but loud cab. the tone is unique because of the side firing 12... sort of "indirect".

For its size (16x16x16) its able to produce alot of lowend and volume. I ran my 600w Focus SA with SABDDI (with eq flat) at full volume and it didnt fart out. Of course, a second driver would have produced greater volume.

I would say it has less of a pillowy tone and more of a low-mid tone compared to other cabs I've tried.

5. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove

You pulled only part of my statement which can be taken out of context a bit. I ment it in a positive way.

IMO the Aggie set the mark for what a single 12 was capable of. Not saying others were not out or didn't sound good, but Aggie was the first mass produced or popular one so to speak.
  6. 5bassman

5bassman Supporting Member

May 4, 2005
    I have a Mini 12+ and it sounds very good but I just received a Accugroove Tri 112L from another TB'er and A/B them and like the Tri better. A little more clear, transparent sounding. And alot lighter even though it has a bigger cab!
  7. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

I started using my home-made JBL D-120 cabinet for bass back in '86 and it always sounded very good, but did require a lot of eq to get the sound I wanted.

Not completely off post, but not exactly on either...