1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Schroeder PL series reviews. NO PL SERIES REVIEW THREADS. PLEASE ADD HERE!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by BassYerFaceoff, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Ok so I've been searching and searching... I entered "Schroeder Reviews" in the search bar, clicked the "title search" and clicked "sort by relevance". I've also tried a number of different searches and have looked through a BUTT TON of threads. I can really only find all of the other series BESIDES the PL series being reviewed so I thought I'd start a thread for those that own the PL series... A review so that myself AND others checking can get some answers about this series from OWNERS. I have one on order as recommended by Jorg and want to have an idea of what to expect though a 2x12 PL OR ANY PL series for that matter. I'm going to use a 2017 Rickenbacker 4003 through mine and maybe a Fender PJ Special Deluxe if I feel like breaking it out.

So PLEASE anyone that has a Schroeder PL series cab that feels so inclined... PLEASE chime in. This thread is for an ALL AROUND Schroeder PL series review.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
  2. jnewmark

jnewmark Just wanna play the groove. Supporting Member

Aug 31, 2006
    Stax 1966
    Third St. Cigar Records staff musician.
    I use two 15PL cabs in a moderately loud Blues/Soul band. I sometimes will only bring one if FOH is provided. I'm not going to say that these cabs are on the same level as, say, a Barefaced, or Fearful cab, namely, being able to take a lot of watts, but that's not what I was looking for, anyway. The portability, and being able to cut through a mix, chunky enough to keep a nice groove going in groove oriented music like Blues and Soul is what I need, and the Pl's give me that and more, especially when using both cabs. They have a nice low midrange flavor that, yes, is " punchy " ( at least my definition of punchy ), and after trying a bunch of newer designs, including some Greenboy options, the PL cabs were the answer. Definitely a very subjective topic, but there's my two cents. Just for the record, I play a passive, 4 string Jazz with no effects into a Genz Benz Shuttle 12.2.

BassYerFaceoff likes this.
  3. DC3

DC3 Supporting Member

Mar 30, 2005
    Atlanta
    I currently have 2-12PL cabs and rarely need both, even in large venues or outdoor festivals.
    They sound great, handle 600 watts each, are very efficient, punchy and crystal clear, 30hz-20khz.
    And all that at only 28 pounds

4. alaskaleftybass

alaskaleftybass Will Hanbury, Jr. Supporting Member

Mar 21, 2012
    Sitka, Alaska
    I just wanted to say... you have one of the coolest TB names. :thumbsup:

BassYerFaceoff and StereoPlayer like this.
  5. WhyAthankYou! :bassist: