Schroeder question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TrooperFarva, Apr 4, 2005.

1. TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I've read up on the schroeder cabs, and how they're very efficient, and veyr loud. But how do they record? Has anyone ever used one in the studio? My current cabinet is an SWR Goliath III, which records very well. I plan on selling my 400+, and getting an ABM500 in its place. I might change cabs at the same time, but I don't have enough funds to have both the goliath and the schroeder. I use my gear not only for gigs, but also for recordings in the studio, and since I record a lot more than I gig, I'm very concerned with how the schroeder records. Specifically, I was thinking of the 1212 or the 21012. Thanks.
  2. lo-freq

lo-freq aka UFO

Jan 19, 2003
    The Republic of Texas
    I haven't done any recording with mine, but I think it might depend on what kind of music you plan on recording.
    A mixture of cab and DI would probably be best with the Schroeders that I've heard.
    They (to me) are a great live gig cab; not sure about studio.
  3. TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    The type of stuff I would be recording is pretty widespread. Rock, metal, punk, acoustic, jazz, etc. I know that the schroeders are great live, but I haven't read anything about how they hold up in the studio.

4. Trooper:

How come you're switching from the Mesa 400? I have heard that they are great heads. Just curious.
  5. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    If you are trying to shift that 400+, you should talk to TB member popinfresh. He's been looking around for one. I can't imagine getting rid of one...
  6. TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Without a doubt, a great head. Just not me. Simple as that. I'm going for a specific tone, and as good as the 400+ is, its just not what I'm going after. Specifically, I'm going for a more modern sound, similar to Tool, and I haven't been able to get it from the 400+.

I already have a buyer for it, I just haven't actually sold it to him yet, hes a friend of mine. But I'll throw it on TB is that doesn't work out.
  7. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I can only imagine it being awesome. It'd be sweet if you could mic both speakers on it too, both the side and front firing cones. Sorry for no real-life recording experience yet, but I should be doing that within the next month or two.
  8. So, how was it??? LouD???!!!:D
    My 1210 should be shipped at the end of the week, I cannot wait anymore so I'm asking for clips, if you have some.
  9. popinfresh

Dec 23, 2004
    Melbourne, Aus
    Trooper. If you put it on TB, let me know ASAP ok? I'l pay the shipping and all if your willing..