Schroeder users (type of music you play?)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Juniorkimbrough, Jan 17, 2006.

1. Rock

2. Funk

3. Blues

4. Metal

5. Hip Hop

6. other (please post below what type)

Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I thought it would be interesting to take a poll on Schroeder owners to see what type of music they play and see if there are certain types of music that the Schroeders are more preferred to be used.
  2. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    My main gig is a reggae band...roots, dub, dancehall blended with soul.

My other band is a 50's country/punk band. Think Hank Williams done at Ramones tempos.

Schroeder 1212 + Mesa 400+
  3. Steelpulz

Nov 4, 2003
    Inglewood, CA
    Gospel, jazz, R&B, funk
  4. Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Also please post which Schroeder cabinet you are using. :)
  5. Slink

Dec 27, 2005
    Oldies (50's 60's and 70's) and country old and new.
  6. 90% Funk.... 10% jazz-type gigs.

1212 and 1210 (both with Seleniums) and Thunderfunk550.
  7. Vinpaul

Aug 24, 2005
    Melbourne, Aus
    With the band, its hard rock, by myself bit of metal and funk/RnB. 410 with a hartke 3500 (soon to be updated ). I play Really aggressivelya lot of the time andf the schroeder handles it a lot better than other cabs Ive tried
  8. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    mostly alt and classic rock... but I'm getting some jazz, jam, blues, soul in when I can. Ideally I'd be playing in a modern groove jazz group...

.... unfortunately it's a lot less than I'd like right now.

I'm using a 1212, 1210 and/or mini12

I just got an audition request from a quasi metal group looking to move to a sound with wider appeal, I'm waiting on samples and audition date.

Also a buddy with a 2 bit hip hop studio has looped some of my lines (house bass into the deck)... I'm hoping for a chance to back up some of his rappers live. Heh, but I don't think my middle aged, fat ###ed bald white guy look is gangsta enough :smug:
  9. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

All of the above except hip hop, plus gospel, praise & worship, 50's / 60's / 70's rock, acoustic 'coffee shop' type gigs, etc.

I use a Schroeder 1210, powered by an iAMP 800.
  10. rock...indie....experinmental...hardcore....
  11. I said rock, but it is really more HEAVY rock, but not really metal...?
  12. DAcat

Jun 14, 2005
    I just made up a new song list tonight and though it ranges widely our roots are in the Blues, as are most of our songs, but we roam from rootsy originals to a version of Robert Johnson's "Crossroads"as well as many of the older Delta-Blues songs,Johnny Winter's version of "Mean Town Blues",to newer Dylan blues-rock versions,such as "You've Gotta Serve Somebody",to our own version's of covers of Hendrix's "The Wind Cries Mary",to the Rolling Stones' "Midnight Rambler",to a very jazzy-bluesy-space -age Bass-blaster version of Bill Frisell's "Outlaws"to " Smokin Gun" by Robert Cray,....then turn the corner to some Surf Rock such as " I See You Everywhere" by Chris Issak,Classics such as, "Come Together" by the Beatles, "Another Town" by Steve Earle, "Wild Night" by Van Morrison, and a great Bass song, "Coyote" by Mark Knopfler....just to name a few....:bag: and give you a better Idea. When I play:bassist: shows I play through my Yorkie XS 800 head and use my Schro :) 410-thats all I need against my two guitarists' Marshall 1/2 stacks plus more amps for stereo effects-in fact I have to be careful not :smug: to play too loud ;) ....balance,balance, balance.......:D :D :D
  13. jerry

jerry Doesn't know BDO Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I'm a real mutt.....I bring my sucky-ness to a lot of genres, rock/blues/singer-songwriter/soul/funk/covers/original music etc.
    I use the 1210/ 1212/ mini12+ & mini12 in different configurations....with either a Thunderfunk420 , Demeter & QSCPLX or Aggie & QSCPLX.
  14. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    pop & rock from the 70s, 80s & today.

SVT 4pro pre-amp out into a crown macrotech 2400, with a 310212.
  15. how could you leave our eperimental and jazz :crying:
  16. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    I am primarily playing my Double Bass thru a TFB420 and Schroeder 1210. I'm working in 5 bands right now:
    1) Jazz and R&B quintet with piano, bass, drums, guit, and sax., called the Fried Crawdaddies. Primarily upright for me here.
    2) Rock band, 4 piece with bass, guit, piano, drums, called Rock Paper, Scissors. Primarily electric here.
    3) Blues band called Mo Betta. Mostly electric again.
    4) Blues Band...John D'agostino quartet, mix and match of DB and electric
    5) As yet un-named "alterna-country" project...kinda Jay Farrar-sih like Sunvolt or something. These guys wanted me on electric, but I'm pushing the project more towards DB:)

I find the TFB420 and Schroeder 1210 combo to be extremely flexible, and able to cover *a lot* of ground in terms of sonic style. From clean and accurate for Double Bass, to R&B/Motown, to slammin hard rock.
    Most of you have probably heard me blather on about this, and I gotta get to work! The Schroeder is one of the best pieces of gear I've had in decades, and I really won't go to work without one anymore.

17. Akami

Akami Four on the floor

Pop, Rock, Blues and Country from the 50's on up through today. Some instrumentals as well as some modern Japanese stuff.

Using a 1210 but considering the switch to a 1212 neo.
  18. bigtexashonk

bigtexashonk Supporting Member

60's - 90's classic rock in one band. Modern alternative in the other. I use the 1212 with a Thunderfunk TFB550. Amazing huge sound for such a small and light rig.
  19. spectorbass83

Jun 6, 2005
    My main rig is a Schro 1212 powered by a Peavey MAX 700 - I love it!. My band plays mostly alternative.
  20. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    Mostly jam band/blues type stuff with elements of funk and jazz. And a lot of rock.