Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MODNY, Jul 11, 2005.

1. MODNY

MODNY Guest

Nov 9, 2004
    you guys have seen alot of posts by me these days...alot have been about accugroove.

I'm kinda leaning towards one BIGGER cabinet for big live gigs etc. i would still for sure use my tri210l for studio use/live gigs practice etc

but i like the big boy schroeder 3 10 2 12 cabinet

has anyone ever tried one of these? or own one??

can someone provide some insight

2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
  3. Somewhere in that thread I compared my El Whappo to a 21012 and a 1210 stack. It might give you some idea.

Mark Wright at Accugroove is one of the best guys in the business. His cabs are absolutely amazing. Mark was always quick to answer any emails I sent with questions, and he is and was always straightforward, honest, and has a sense of humor as well.

Jorg Schroeder is just as good at all of those things, and his cabs are also amazing.

The El Whappo is certainly one heckuva all in one box. I have no experience with the 310212 (however my 21012 and 1210 = the same thing). If you're wanting one bigger do-it-all cabinet... I know the E.W. is a great choice... I'm also just as sure the 310212 will be just as good. There are some differences between the two... as long as you know what you are wanting to accomplish with the cab... you should easily be able to make a good and well informed decision... of course.. the best thing to do would be to try them both out in a live situation.!!
  4. Chef

Chef Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

May 23, 2004
    Columbia MO
    Staff Reviewer; Bass Gear Magazine
    The 310212 is a relatively new product, so reading the megathread backwards might be helpful;)
  5. The 0x

The 0x

Aug 24, 2003
    Timonium, MD
    I talked to Jorg on the phone the other day, and he said only about 8 of the 310212s have been ordered so far. It's got a pretty high price tag, but i'm sure it's worth it if you need a cab that big.
  6. BurningSkies

BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    I'm not one of the few with the 'big' cab, but I do own a 1212, and I can't imagine a 310212.

My 1212 has replaced a 4x10, and I've stopped using the Avatar 112 with my 1212 as it couldn't keep up and I can go louder with the single 1212. In fact, the other day I had an outdoor soundguy ask me to turn it down, and our guitarist 20+ feet on the other side of the stage (outside) thought it was more than loud enough, without the cab facing anywhere in his direction. Low enough for my Dingwall's low B without discernable distortion too. I use mine for low volume band practicing without tone suffering as well.

So in brief, loud, low, good forward projection and also 'stage range' non-directional direction, small size.

I think the Accugroove's thing (by reputation) is no tonal coloration, and the Schroeder does have a character...modern, tight low end and a bit of a mid-low bump that's great in a band setting.