Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Science Project

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Figjam, Jan 17, 2004.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I have to do a science project. Basicaly anything that includes you doing the scientific method, ie: problem, hypothesis, variables, procedure, observations, data, conclusion. Any ideas?

2. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    What subject is it in, Psychology or Biology or what?

3. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Biology, but he said it doesnt necesarily have to be bio related, but i guess it would be a plus.

4. Here's one I did for a science project. See how different music effects your dreams. I used APC, Pink Floyd, Michael Manring, Weather Report, Mozart, and Joy Division for mine. It was pretty cool, got some trippy dreams, especially from the Manring one.

5. I just got done with my report on a carrer having to do with Biology for Biology class. My teacher is evil...

6. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Me too. I had to write a 5 page report on tumors. Now this.. and its like, due friday.

7. anything with trebuchets and/or catapaults = :cool:

8. ::Governator voice on::

It is not a tumor!!

Sorry, had to do that.

Most of my experiments had to do with bass. Like seeing how far a speaker moves at a given tone, or what bass frequencies did to the fish in my aquarium, things like that. The possibilites are endless!!:D

Rock on
    Eric:bassist:

9. Masterbation indurance, seriously.

10. Bardolph

Bardolph

Jul 28, 2002
    Grand Rapids, MI
    You should do this as your project. Here's what I mean: You can tell about how you asked your bass forum about what to do.

The problem- I needed an idea for my science project
    Hypothesis- I will make a post and several bassists will reply giving me sarcastic comments and suggestions.
    Variables- Forum users, computer, site host etc.
    Procedure- I logged into talkbass.com, I proceeded to the off-topic section of the forum, I created a post asking for help and waited for other posts.
    Observations- A nice guy by the username of Eskimo opened my eyes to an amazing idea for how to BS a science project in 2 minutes.
    Data- Do research on memory capacity of DVDs and make something up.
    Conclusion- Talkbass.com really is good for everything.

11. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Do research on CD eating bacteria

12. LOL! MY FIRST LAUGH OF THE MORNING! Better than MM and WR battling in the "Say Something About the TBer Above You" thread! Wow, good one man.

13. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Funny stuff...but i still dont have a project. Really though, any ideas?

14. Brain activity of Mike Money.

15. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Reproduction rate, survivability, or some other interesting aspect of rats.

16. slick519

slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    You could grow cells and while they are growing, you could play non-stop music. Make the music different, like classical, opera, rap, jazz, rock, you get the idea.

pete

17. Marlat

Marlat

Sep 17, 2002
    London UK
    Perceptable audio differences in high end audio cables :D (refer to the Recording Equipment & Gear Forum)

18. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Basicaly most things dealing with growing something are out. He only gave us a week and a half to do it. Its due friday.

19. sew three cats together...