Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Scion,Toyota's new offshoot.....

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by VS, Jan 21, 2004.

1. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    What are your opinion's (if any) on the new Scion vehicles developed by Toyota? I think they're going to boom at their price and using Toyota's VVT-i engines. Check out Scion's Website

-Luke

2. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Get with the times man :p

My sister, when she was researching new cars, looked at the scion.

She told me that Toyota is, more or less, trying to hide the fact that they make it. because the car is trying to appeal to the MTV generation and stuff, at toyota dealers, they have a special 'scion' dealer, who is usually 5-10 years younger than the other salesmen, and he doesn't talk about toyota.

also, in all the reading material that they distribute, toyota is always in small text while scion is plastered everywhere.

I think the thing is ugly, the van model at least, is blocky and yuck.

my sister, settled on an equally blocky car, the honda element, which I actually ended up liking, it may be the same thing with the scion I dunno.

3. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    :D Love or hate it design..... I confess,I love it... -Luke

4. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    No thanks.

Looks like every other wrong wheel drive econobox on the road.

5. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Well,although not the hottest styling out there,the fuel efficiency and pricing is incomparable,especially for four wheel drive. Where I live,gas is almost $2 a gallon. The day's of driving a gas guzzling 454 c.i. monster is nearly unaffordable for anyone. But IMHO,I don't think the Scion models look like anything else on the market. -Luke

6. cars are cars to me.

7. that's nothing new. my nieghbour's have had the xB for about two years. It's kind of cool. looks kind of like a ice cream truck.:) VW made a car called the Fridolin in late 60's and early 70's that looks like the xB

8. I heard it's only out in Texas and California right now. Maybe that's why some people haven't seen em yet.