1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Scion xB

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Figjam, Apr 24, 2006.

1. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Anyone else like these things? I know we have Honda Element fans here, same idea, Im just a toyota fan over honda, and Scion is a branch of Toyota IIRC. I just tihnk theyd be nice for hauling gear.

Yes, some people can make them look pretty stupid, but without having comments based solely on some peoples rice-styles, any thoughts?

EDIT: Okay so to give this thread some more purpose, if i were to sell my current car, a 1994 camry xle v6 (love it) to my dad, and get a smaller, more fuel efficient (manual transmission preferably) car, any ideas? Id be looking used under $6000. Mid 90s+

2. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I dig them but don't think I'll own one. They have that "1987 Suzuki Samari" cheapness to them.

3. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yup, they are a branch of Toyota. Same engine as in the Echo, I think. (Though I very well may be wrong.) Having said that, have you seen the Toyota Yaris yet?

My drummer looked at buying an xB - his only negative comment was that he thought the engine was woefully underpowered, considering the mass it has to move around. I don't have any other direct experience with one, unfortunately. Just passing the word along!

I think the tC would be a sweet deal, if I were looking for a small car. Good looks and the bullet-proof 2.4 liter from the Camry. Pretty affordable, and it comes with all the toys stock. :cool:

4. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    my ex singer bought one of the first to hit NJ... sharp car!

5. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    My current car is a nice 1994 camry xle v6 with the 3.0 liter engine, simniliar to what they are putting in the v6 Highlanders nowadays.

This thread was purely for fun, since i cant buy an xB.

But im considernig selling my car to my pops and getting something smaller and more fuel efficient. im gonna convert the original post a bit.

6. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    What's keeping you from buying an xB? They're hella cheap.

7. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    $15-$16k .....

For a 17 year old? Im lookin at $6k and under, used.

8. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Oh. I thought you were looking at buying new, in which case $15,000 is at the lower end of the spectrum.

9. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Totally. But right now im of course broke, and what would basically happen is i would get back the $4000 that i paid for my car and be able to put it towards a new one, so the closer to 4 grand the better.

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Just looked at the Toyota Yari hatchback, thats like my ideal car right now :( Too bad i cant talk my dad into buying one and letting me drive it until i go to college.

11. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    the xB looks like a box on wheels

and for that, i love it.

-jimbo

12. LajoieT

LajoieT I won't let your shadow be my shade...

Oct 7, 2003
    Western Massachusetts
    I want this xA:

scion-xa-speedster-20051122000219903.
    scion-xa-speedster-20051122000217762.
    scion-xa-speedster-20051122000227278.
    scion-xa-speedster-20051122000225715.
    scion-xa-speedster-20051122000230184.
    scion-xa-speedster-20051122000230871.

13. they are definatly a tuner car with lots of options for beefing up the sterio. they can haul a lot of crap but if hauling geer is all you need and in the 4-6k range your options go to used pickup, minivan, suv and still with toyota youve got a lot of options look at local dealerships and autotrader.com to see whats in your area and best of all have fun.

14. It's one helluva fugly car IMO, but those I meet with them seem to like them.

15. if i was getting a scion, it would be that tC car