1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Scofield Band w/ Andy Hess...footage?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by meursault42, Nov 12, 2010.

1. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    Anybody ever spotted any footage (video or audio) of the Scofield band playing live in support of the "Up All Night" album w/ Andy Hess on bass? Did that incarnation even do any live dates? There is absolutely zippo on youtube.

2. Bump for this. I've wanted to see if they ever performed any of that album live. I love "Up All Night."

3. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    København
    I saw the Überjam band in 04 or 05 but Andy Hess was sorely missing from the touring lineup. I know John has a very strict no-recording policy for most of his shows - maybe that's part of the explanation why you can't find anything on the 'tube.

4. purpletornado

purpletornado

Aug 5, 2009
    If you're looking for Andy Hess in particular I imagine you could find some of his performances with Gov't Mule.

5. 1Drop

1Drop

Jul 31, 2009
    I saw that line up at the telluride jazz fest a few years back. I remember not really digging Andy's tone at that show but love his playing on the album. I'll ask around here, I'm sure some one has a bootleg of that set. Saw Dave Holland Quintet (with Nate Smith:hyper:) at the same fest in a tiny theater...That set changed my life..

6. I actually got to see Gov't Mule a couple of years ago with him. It was kind of interesting to see him playing material so different from the Scofield album. Just made me appreciate his playing more.