Score, my 'new' stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chimaera1982, Jan 28, 2005.

1. chimaera1982

Nov 7, 2004
    Was looking for an affordable, 'long term' bass amp n i stumbled on this, 97 Warwick Wamp 180, head with 2X12 cab for 120 USD equivalent. Its in OK condition, but it functions great, am not complaining for the price i paid for it. Fits my MTD Beast4 perfectly, usually i dun use the EQ on BOTH n get the tone tt i love. Theres a snag tho, the previous owner used it as a well lets say 'room space filler' so its seen very little use, n well one of the speakers is farting, the other perfect. Am not sure wether theres a tear or its loose. I checked n well to my observation, its one side, corner of the speaker tts making the farting noises, if i dampen(press) juz tt point or side of the speaker the farting is gone? Any ideas on how to solve this? Its juz annoying well am not complaining coz i bought it cheap but if it can be solved itll be great.
  2. patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    <font size=1>Is english your primary language?</font>

What kind of 2x12 is it? The easiest (and probably best) fix is to buy a replacement speaker to match the working one in the cabinet.
  3. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    i would guess not, but i bet hes 22 years old
  4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    yep, a recone or replacement speaker should do the trick

congratulations on a good find.
  5. patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    I would have guessed not also, but I can't imagine a non-US/American trying to speak american gangsta (or something) street slang - esp. in text form ;)

I'm only 27 and already I'm out out of touch w/ the youth.
  6. chimaera1982

Nov 7, 2004
    Well am 23 actually and yeah english is my primary language. I stay in Singapore where the English is rather different if i may say so myself. I can write good english if need be, but usually on forums ill write in the usual "singlish manner".
    About the cabinet, well i don't know wat model is it. All i know is that its a warwick cabinet. I checked online and that, well most Warwick cabs are loaded with Eminence speakers. Most probably ill source out for that make of speaker if i deem that i need to replace it. I am more interested in reconditioning the speakers? Is it possible as only one of the speakers is affected, the other works beautifully. Am only a student here and i am somewhat limited financially, so am trying to find the most economical way to solve the problem.