Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Score, my 'new' stack

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by chimaera1982, Jan 28, 2005.

1. chimaera1982

chimaera1982

Nov 7, 2004
    Was looking for an affordable, 'long term' bass amp n i stumbled on this, 97 Warwick Wamp 180, head with 2X12 cab for 120 USD equivalent. Its in OK condition, but it functions great, am not complaining for the price i paid for it. Fits my MTD Beast4 perfectly, usually i dun use the EQ on BOTH n get the tone tt i love. Theres a snag tho, the previous owner used it as a well lets say 'room space filler' so its seen very little use, n well one of the speakers is farting, the other perfect. Am not sure wether theres a tear or its loose. I checked n well to my observation, its one side, corner of the speaker tts making the farting noises, if i dampen(press) juz tt point or side of the speaker the farting is gone? Any ideas on how to solve this? Its juz annoying well am not complaining coz i bought it cheap but if it can be solved itll be great.

2. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    <font size=1>Is english your primary language?</font>

What kind of 2x12 is it? The easiest (and probably best) fix is to buy a replacement speaker to match the working one in the cabinet.

3. Happy MurphDay

Happy MurphDay

Mar 9, 2004
    around
    i would guess not, but i bet hes 22 years old

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    yep, a recone or replacement speaker should do the trick

congratulations on a good find.

5. patrickj

patrickj

Aug 13, 2001
    Baltimore, MD
    I would have guessed not also, but I can't imagine a non-US/American trying to speak american gangsta (or something) street slang - esp. in text form ;)

I'm only 27 and already I'm out out of touch w/ the youth.

6. chimaera1982

chimaera1982

Nov 7, 2004
    Well am 23 actually and yeah english is my primary language. I stay in Singapore where the English is rather different if i may say so myself. I can write good english if need be, but usually on forums ill write in the usual "singlish manner".
    About the cabinet, well i don't know wat model is it. All i know is that its a warwick cabinet. I checked online and that, well most Warwick cabs are loaded with Eminence speakers. Most probably ill source out for that make of speaker if i deem that i need to replace it. I am more interested in reconditioning the speakers? Is it possible as only one of the speakers is affected, the other works beautifully. Am only a student here and i am somewhat limited financially, so am trying to find the most economical way to solve the problem.