Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Score!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Mar 2, 2004.

1. My girlfriend's brother just took ownership of an equipment repair facility because the owner had died. (actually much more to that story, but...) The place is CHOCK FULL of loads of amplifiers, power amplifiers, combo amps, keyboards. Anyway, he invited me over to check the new place out, as I was wandering around I saw all kinds of neat stuff, including: Mesa Bass 400+, Mesa D-180, SWR Studio 220, '77 Marshall 50w, '69-'70 Marshall 100w (metal panel), Big Ol' 6550 powered Sunn bass head and loads of other stuff. After going thru everything in the store, he asked me if there's anything I was interested in, so right now I've got dibs on the 400+ and/or the D-180. Who knows if they work (they are in a repair store), but it might be a good project in any case.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    If they're in a repair facility, chances are that they are in on repair, and the owners will want them back. If not, there are many here who envy you.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    So, you get to have some of the things people brought to the store to be repaired? How does that work?

-Mike

4. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    I'll take the D-180, thank you.

Seriously.

5. I think the way it worked was when the original owner died the lawyers contacted everyone that was in the books to attempt to return any equipment, at that point the business and it's assets were purchased from the estate. I'm sure if someone came to the store with proof (ie. reciept) that a piece of equipment was legitimately theirs, I'm pretty sure there would be no problem getting their equipment back.

Basstriaxis... silly rabbit, I called dibs on the Mesa gear! :D
    If I can get the Bass 400+ running we'll talk!

6. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA

Poop! :bawl:

7. Isn't the D-180 supposed to make a hella guitar head as well?

8. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    I want that sunn head!!!!!!

9. Benjamin Strange

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Yes, but it never really took off with guitarist like it did with bassists.

10. As a 60 lb head is going to take off with guitarists? :D

11. Subculture13

Subculture13 Jamming Econo

Apr 9, 2003
    Toronto, Ont. Canada
    They wouldn't want to chip a nail trying to move it.

12. Or a blister?