1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SCORE!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassJunkie730, Mar 2, 2006.

1. BassJunkie730

BassJunkie730

Feb 3, 2005
    Brooklyn
    So I've chosen to rebuild my beautiful Black on black PJ Bass into something a bit more vintage. I'll be using a trusty Nordstrand NP4 and a Hipshot Vintage bridge. All the other hardware will be the same.

The bonus is I'm finally going to use the Fender 57 reissue P-bass body for the project. See - and you guys are going to kick yourselves for this, I originally wanted to ditch it because it was a three piece body - very well matched but three pieces nonetheless. Well it turns out that the body weighs only 4.5lbs!!! and it's already finished in Nitro!!! This will give me a bass that weighs between 7 and 8lbs I suspect when I'm done - HAHA. No Sale now!!:D

I'm a firm believer that the natural tone of an instrument especially fender style instrument electronics and strings aside Lies solely in the neck. And the neck I got from USACG is very special to me. I even cancelled an order for a Lakland 55-01 because I couldn't keep both. I'm excited that my 57 tribute bass will finally see the light of day!!

Cheers Cheers

No to pair it with my new rig in question
    Ampeg SVPCL - Carvin DCM1500 - Schroeder 21012

SVT on ROIDS

~M

2. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Wow! Sound hawt! It's not going to be a real vintage bass because it doesn't weigh enough :p