Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SCORE!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Jimbo, Mar 4, 2002.

1. Jimbo

Jimbo

Dec 4, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    hey everyone

i play with my high school jazz band...but i've only been playing for about 2 yrs so my gear isn't top of the line. i have a worthless little practice amp and and even worse bass (saving up for a new one!). so i was planning on using the school's amp...but the preivious bassist (who graduated) took the amp with him, i don't know how. the only amp left in school was this beast by kustom which the guitar player and i had to both plug into.

this thing doesn't play real pretty...real muddy sound, can't hit highs, muffled lows...just everything you don't want in an amp.

so the guitarist has been complaining day after day to the band director for a new amp, only for him.

the other day we walk into rehearsal and there's a new amp sitting there, we both asumed it was for the guitar. i take things how they are so i wasn't upset, of course the guitarist tried his best efforts to rub it into my face. then the band director came in and asked "how do you like the amp?" and the guitarist started goining on about how cool it was (he had no idea what he was talking about, complete BS). and then our director said "well that amp is actually for the bass" you should have seen his face!

so now i got a new amp to use. it's a Peavy TKO i think 115 watt. does anuyone have any experience with this amp or one similar? so far i enjoy it. i'm really happy! :)

-jimbo

2. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    ahh yes i had that bass amp a while ago. Not too bad just not bright enough for my tastes. I mean if your getting it for free then awesome. They are real durable pretty reliable amps. If its a TKO its 80 watts, but its loud for 80 watts. I usually love an good eq, but it doesnt have a good eq. Your better off setting it flat or getting an eq pedal. Well good luck with your new amp and make sure and rub it in the guitarists face.