Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SCORE!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by iplaybass, May 21, 2003.

1. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Whoo hoo! Just scored a Squier P-Bass special (PJ config) AND a Crate 15 watt practice amp all for $50! Ok ok... its not that good, the bass is a lefty and the neck needs some attention (but its a bit late for truss rod shenanigans at my house) but once I get the neck back in shape and switch out the strap buttons I think it will sound alright. I'm pretty pleased. I'm going to defret the P-bass and use the Crate as my practice amp when my rig is out and about. Now if my Demeter 3x10 would just get here... Joker! Where are you buddy? ;) :D

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Wait, are you right-handed??

3. dabshire

dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    Nice.

Squires are hard to find ;)

You know, we won't believe you actually got such a "nice" score unless you post some pics...

4. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    That's what I was thinking :confused:

5. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Yes, I'm a righty.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    :D

Oh man, I have NO idea what to say about that.

7. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN

I dunno, I think it looks kinda cool upside down! And switching the nut and adjusting the pick-ups was a piece of cake. All I have to do now is put the strap button on the bottom horn.

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i give you $75 for the bass!!

9. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Hehe... too late! Its a righty now!
    (I just switched the strap button and I'm working on the neck.) :D