1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SCORE!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by iplaybass, May 21, 2003.

1. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Whoo hoo! Just scored a Squier P-Bass special (PJ config) AND a Crate 15 watt practice amp all for $50! Ok ok... its not that good, the bass is a lefty and the neck needs some attention (but its a bit late for truss rod shenanigans at my house) but once I get the neck back in shape and switch out the strap buttons I think it will sound alright. I'm pretty pleased. I'm going to defret the P-bass and use the Crate as my practice amp when my rig is out and about. Now if my Demeter 3x10 would just get here... Joker! Where are you buddy? ;) :D

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Wait, are you right-handed??

3. dabshire

dabshire

Dec 15, 2002
    McKinney, TX
    Nice.

Squires are hard to find ;)

You know, we won't believe you actually got such a "nice" score unless you post some pics...

4. moley

moley

Sep 5, 2002
    Hampshire, UK
    That's what I was thinking :confused:

5. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Yes, I'm a righty.

6. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    :D

Oh man, I have NO idea what to say about that.

7. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN

I dunno, I think it looks kinda cool upside down! And switching the nut and adjusting the pick-ups was a piece of cake. All I have to do now is put the strap button on the bottom horn.

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i give you $75 for the bass!!

9. iplaybass

iplaybass Guest

Feb 13, 2000
    Germantown, TN
    Hehe... too late! Its a righty now!
    (I just switched the strap button and I'm working on the neck.) :D