1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Scored a Cirrus TigerEye Sixer...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by uglybassplayer, Apr 19, 2006.

1. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    I purchased my second Cirrus yesterday, a TigerEye Sixer from fellow TB'r da drive first. It's everying thing I hoped for and more :cool: I can't wait to try it out on my retreat gig this weekend.

[​IMG]

P.S. da drive first was so cool to deal with :cool:. Since he's near Philly and I'm in Jersey, we hooked up in PA to do the deal. He evidently really babied this axe, because it was in mint condition. Thanks Millard, I'll make sure to give it a good home!

Peace,

- Frank.

2. vision

vision It's all about the groove!

Feb 25, 2005
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Endorsing Artist: MTD Basses, La Bella Strings, and 64 Audio IEMs
    congrats, thats a georgeous bass! i want to get a cirrus 6 soon...

3. YES!!!!!! YES!!!!!!....

i am in love with the tiger eye cirrus. still hoping to get my hands on a 5er some day. Have fun with that one!

4. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Millard thought it had a walnut body and I would have sworn it had walnut stringers as well, but I checked the serial # with A.J. from Peavey, and he said that it has mahogany body wings and purpleheart stringers (my redwood Cirrus has purpleheart stringers and they appear bright maroon in color as opposed to dark brown on the tigereye). While it's hard to tell from the picture, the birdseye figuring on both the back of the neck and fingerboard is just stunning.

- Frank.

5. Bassist4Life

Bassist4Life

Dec 17, 2004
    Buffalo, NY
    Frank,

Wow :eek:

Congrats on your new Cirrus. That's a beauty! I love a good clean maple board. I've seen so many of these basses that look okay, but this one stands out in looks. I'd love to hear how it sounds.

Joe