Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Scored a New MIM Fender Jazz!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Whitey, Oct 28, 2002.

1. Whitey

Whitey

Jan 8, 2002
    Beckley, WV
    I have been looking for a new bass for a few weeks now, although my wife didn't know it. I was playing my P-Bass at a gig a couple of weeks back and got severely frustrated with the tone. I tweaked and tweaked on the knobs and EQ and still never got it to produce the sound I wanted. I had never noticed it before. After that night I decided to get something else. I looked in the Jazz direction. I tried Stingrays also. The Jazz seemed to acheive the sound I was after. I walked into the store the other day and was looking and saw this particular Jazz. I asked to play it and plugged it in . Wow! It was exactly what I wanted and I loved the feel and action also. I loved it so much that I wasn't even interested in looking at an American Jazz or anything else. This was the one and I wanted this one. Sooo, After some hard talking to the wife, I went in and brought it home. She didn't know that I had them get it ready the first time I was in. Now its home and my wife saids, " Give it here, its put up till Christmas." I don't know if I will make it.

2. Patience my son.;) :D

Dude, that sucks!

My wife finally agreed to let me start saving up gig money after Christmas to help pay for a Devon Diamond D ( www.devonguitars.com ). I'm excited!:)

3. pyrohr

pyrohr

Aug 28, 2001
    Pakistani compound
    I would tell her firmly that I don't believe in christmas then close my eyes and pray she hands it to me. But congrat's anyway now with a jazz and a P you are complete!

4. Johnny BoomBoom

Johnny BoomBoom Supporting Member

Jun 8, 2001
    Glasgow, Scotland
    Congrats on the new bass! I got an MIM Jazz fretless and am very impressed for the money. Sadly my fretless playing leaves a lot to be desired - but practice practice practice and I might do the bass justice!

Anyway - enjoy your early Chrimbo pressie!:)

5. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    Congrats, and pray for an early Christmas! I'll be joining the Jazz Bass Owners' Club when the man in the big brown truck drops something off for me today.

[​IMG]