Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Scored a nice P-bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HAWKINS, Jul 11, 2005.

1. HAWKINS

HAWKINS

Nov 10, 2003
    South Carolina
    Been keeping my eyes open for about 6 months....and was getting close to buying a 62 reissue.

this past weekend I went to a guitar show and found a pretty nice '74 P-bass, vintage white with tortoise pickguard, maple neck.....looks really cool, is very light, and sounds great ( i was really surprised at how good the pickups sounded)......paid $1200 which I think is a pretty fair price...

whenever I can borrow someones digital camera, i'll post a pic.....

2. wow, sounds nice! All original?

3. HAWKINS

HAWKINS

Nov 10, 2003
    South Carolina
    appears to be.....

neck and backplate match.....tuners and knobs match

has some dings, which i don't mind, but i didn't like the way it was "cleaned up"......i questioned if it was refinished, but it probably wasn't (they could have done better if it was).....

its missing the bridge and pickup covers, which ok with me.....i can find some to put on if i want, but i just as soon not have any.....

previously, i wouldn't have thought post-CBS basses would be good, but this one seems just fine......guess i was wrong all these years

4. congrats! sounds awesome.

5. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA