Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Scored a sans amp

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by CrackBass, Apr 8, 2005.

1. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    i bought a bass driver pedal the other day. got it for $80 even. so far i like the sound of it. i only played with it for about 20 minutes but it seems like it will do the job. i bought it for small acoustic gigs (bass and acoustic guitar) that i find myself doing more of these days. (like 1-2 times a week) i needed something small to go direct into the pa. got another gig on monday so we'll see how she does.

this little box seems like the handiest thing since sliced bread, and it's phantom powered (coolest feature ever) bye bye batteries and ac adapters.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Awesome news! $80 is a great price!

3. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    How do you like the distortion? I'm thinking of getting it over a Big Muff but I don't know.

4. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    im looking for one of these at the moment if anyone has one. check the pedal trade sticky for what i have to trade or cash.

5. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    not much distortion available. more like an edge or a little sizzle to the sound. it definately won't do the big muff thing.

6. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    edit to the last post. there is a lot of distortion available. (i had the blend knob all the way to the left. duh...) it actually gets kind of big muffish.

7. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    Oh snap.

I need to start a poll...

8. CrackBass

CrackBass

Aug 10, 2004
    huntsville,AL
    so far so good. my little half pound rig in a box performed admirably last night. while i wouldn't say that it's the best bass sound ever, i would say that it was pretty good for direct.(we have a nice pa. two powered mackie 1521's and a sw1501 powered sub, but i won't put it in the same category as a 20kw house system with a soundman. going direct in that situation is a whole different ball game.)
    so far this box seems to do everything i need in a tiny package i can stow in my gig bag. phantom power is a huge plus. i wish more manufacturers would incorporate that feature. well i'll give her another gig or two and see what happens.