1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Scores for Jaco tunes? - i.e. Word of Mouth

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, May 4, 2006.

1. Hello peeps - since I've been re-reading the Jaco bio the last couple of days and going back to the amazing Word Of Mouth - I just wondered if there was a legit source for buying some of the scores?

I know I need to just sit there and transcribe the stuff, which is probably what I'll do - but I know there are lots knowledgable types out there could maybe point me in the right direction.

(sorry if this is the wrong place to post this)

Cheers

Mike

2. phillys

phillys

Feb 4, 2006
    Malaysia
    There are plenty of books with transcriptions of Jaco's works in Amazon.com or any major bookstores. I recently bought 'The Essential Jaco Pastorius' book from Amazon and it has transcriptions for stuff like Blackbird, Chromatic Fantasy, Liberty City and Word of Mouth from the Word of Mouth album.

3. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
  4. Mike Flynn may be looking for orchestral scores and not necessarily bass transcriptions.

5. Cool - thanks

M

6. phillys

phillys

Feb 4, 2006
    Malaysia
    Uhuh... if that's the case, I would love get orchestral scores for Jaco Pastorius' work too :)

7. zombywoof5050

zombywoof5050

Dec 20, 2001
    I realize that, but I also figured that something is better than nothing.

8. middlebit

middlebit

Sep 10, 2005
    KĂžbenhavn
    Mike Flynn may be looking for...hey, this is a fun game! I'll go second: Mike Flynn may be looking for a bath pillow and not necessarily fluffy towels.

9. ...Right now I'm looking for a sandwich - I'm starving!

I like this game - keep it up - but don't get too nasty.;)