1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Scott Kelly - REAL news on Super Tuesday

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Lazylion, Mar 1, 2016.

1. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    I saw the story this morning on the news. Of course, it was just on the crawl strip under the picture. They didn't talk about it, everyone was too busy with the latest fertilizer from the candidates... but yeah. Astronaut Scott Kelly is returning to earth today after 340 days on the Space station. The longest stretch of any US astronaut ever. That's an interesting news story! A hero he is, same goes for any astronaut IMO. Shame it was deemed unworthy of more coverage.

Good luck, welcome home and happy landings, Mr. Kelly!

2. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    NJ
    it is sad what the media and the political landscape have both degenerated into.

Tom Bomb likes this.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I guess the news outlets were unable to grasp the gravity of the situation.

Maybe there was no space in their news feed.

Perhaps politics seems more down to Earth?

Seems the other news of the day eclipsed your favorite story.

Meteor bias?

No further comet at this time.

:wacky:

4. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    He made it back to earth safely! And he claims he'll soon be ready to go again! Awesome!

5. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    The stuff that happens to the human body up there is fascinating. The recovery too. They come back with basically osteoporosis and muscle atrophy and bounce back relatively fast...or something like that. Really interesting stuff.

DwaynieAD likes this.