Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Scott Lafaro

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by ImAGoodDuck, Aug 1, 2004.

1. I remember maybe not to long ago there was a post that had a site with Scott Lefaro playing? Does anyone know what site that was? Any other kool videos of bass players just playin? :confused: Thanks guys.

2. McBass

McBass

Mar 31, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    try searching "Scott Lafaro".

3. oliebrice

oliebrice

Apr 7, 2003
    London, UK
    I just got the Bill Evans trio live at the village vanguard wow!! le Faros playing is mind blowing

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Funny... I Googled on "Scott LeFareaux", and I didn't get a single hit.

5. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    That's cause you're doing it wrong. It's Scott "la Pharoah" Moran. They call him "le Pharoah" cause he got so wrapped up in the tunes...

6. SleeperMan2000

SleeperMan2000

Jul 31, 2002
    Cary NC
    Scroll down the page on this link there's a video of a guy slapping the **** out of his bass.

http://www.jrmusicsupply.com/strings.html

Hope this helps.

7. Sam Sherry

Sam Sherry Inadvertent Microtonalist Supporting Member

Sep 26, 2001
    Portland, ME
    Euphonic Audio "Player"
  8. You're getting weirder and weirder Eddie! Is Moran a reference to the great lady pianist who Scotty did his first record with?

9. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    No, I think he was calling me a maroon.

10. He was calling you "Cookie" A maroon is a cookie.......
    Ed answer me Goddamnit!

11. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

12. You're right Bruce....Maroon is a color?
    To think that this thread started up with a question about Scott LeFaro.

13. Ed Fuqua

Ed Fuqua

Dec 13, 1999
    NYC
    Chuck Sher publishes my book, WALKING BASSICS:The Fundamentals of Jazz Bass Playing.
    Sorry, wasn't around yesterday. But yeah, Paul got it in one, that record with Pat where he appears under a pseudonym...

14. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Somewhere in the cosmos, Mr. LaFaro is scratching his head and thinking "what's all this s**t they're saying about me?"

15. That's not a pseudonym...It was Pats husband who appeared on her first record for that company. The company was responsible for that F.U.
    You won't believe this, but Pat told me he went around L.A. telling all the bass players that it WAS him and got some students from it. :mad: