Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Scott Petersons death penalty

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fire-Starter, Mar 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA
    please understand that I think what happened to Lacy and her baby was just EVIL :mad: and I do not have any reason not to believe that Scott either did it, or new something about. Now here is the question...

1: Do you think if Scott Peterson was a Celeb/famous person, his sentance would have been different? O.J and Robert Blake come to mind in regards to this question... thoughts....

2. The man has gotten countless hours of media attention: I'd say by all means he IS a celebrity.

3. I agree, he seems to be a celebrity, as celebrity is defined i guess, but in another question do you think he may have got the death penalty because this was such a public case? I am not saying what they say he did was by any means not deserving of the highest possible punishment(tho i am against the death penalty), but there are people out there who have done pretty horrible things and most are sentenced to life in prison, but with such a public backing to push for Scott to get the death penalty(because there was) do you think his celebrity had any impact on his sentence?

4. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    Did you guys hear about the fan mail he's been getting?! Chicks are writing him letters saying that they want to marry him :confused:

5. Excuse my ignorance, but what happened?

6. and the death penalty is WRONG.

7. Fire-Starter

Fire-Starter Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2002
    MINNESOTA

yes, and they did the same thing with that Andrew
    Andrew Cunanan guy who went on a killing spree, I heard some women on t.v saying how cute he was etc despite the face he was killing people :meh: I guess what-ever floats your boat :meh:

8. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    I have to disagree about the death penalty but you don't have to worry much about Scott Peterson. California doesn't carry out the death penalty very often at all. Most of the time people on death row just serve time until the die.

Scott Peterson was found guilty of murdering his pregnant wife. He has been proven to be a lying piece of you know what.

9. crikker

crikker Yooper From Way Back Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    UP
    It's to bad he wasn't in TX. They dust them off pretty quick down there. Cleans up death row. More power to them.

10. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan

Why? Keeping murderers alive in jail is an unnecessary tax burden... We have to feed them, clothe them, pay for their cable TV, pay their phone bill, etc... If we aren't going to execute them, then they should have to spend the rest of their lives working their asses off for no pay, and bread and water 3 times a day. These guys deserve nothing from us... So instead of wasting tax dollars that could go to building schools, fixing roads, health care, paying police or fireman salaries, etc... Lets spend a few bucks on some chemicals, and rid our selves of the creeps.

Lethal Injection is much cheaper.

:)

11. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    What'd he do? Cheat on his pregnant wife, then on Christmas Eve, he murders her, and dumps the body into San Francisco Bay... The baby would have been born in 2 months. It was a boy, whom I believe they were going to name Connor. Double Homicide.

12. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central

Actually, no, Death Penalty is more expensive. Do research and you'll see why.

In addition, this is a rather stupid thread.

13. And is this 100% proven? There is no way back with the death penalty. An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.

14. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    "Other states are trying to abolish the death penalty... My states' (Texas) puttin' in an express-lane!" - Ron White

15. Texas has to be one of my least liked places on ths planet, for various reasons. :bag:

16. Ericman197

Ericman197

Feb 23, 2004
    Iowa
    When bought in bulk, a bullet costs only a few cents. It's also a painless way to die.

17. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Hell, bring back the electric chair... thats pretty cheap.

18. Finger Blister

Finger Blister

Jul 8, 2003
  19. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    ...except for the electric bill.

20. crikker

crikker Yooper From Way Back Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2004
    UP