Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Scott Weiland busted again

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, May 19, 2003.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Check it out at www.mtv.com This so sad what a talented front man wasting away his gifts and time to drugs. He had been clean for a whille but i think his divorce throw him down the slippery slope of drug addiction. Any ideas as to what will hapen to STP. They have had more off time then anyother band i know off, i wonder how their record company handels their inactvity. I pray scott gets it back toghether again.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Is this news anymore? Status quo.

brad cook

3. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    Scott Weiland is such a lame guy that it makes me sick to here him sing. He has let down a great band time and time again. I hope STP will get a new singer and move on.

4. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I laughed my ass off one time, when I saw Scott interviewed on MTV. The interviewer had commented on his "ripped physique" and asked him what he did to stay in shape, to which Scott replied, "I run about 6 miles a day." Wrong! It's more likely from all that heroin you did, Scott! Same with the guys from the Chili Peppers, Iggy Pop, etc.

5. heroin doesn't grow muscle, as far as i know.

6. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    Maybe I'm way off here, but is it just a coincidence that guys like Anthony Kiedis, Flea, John Frusciante, the late Hillel Slovak, Scott Weiland, Iggy Pop and the like, who are (or were) known heroin users, all appear to have had their skin shrink-wrapped right to their muscles?

7. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    What is even sadder is that I think he is the new singer for the new Guns 'N Roses band. Sad for the band that is...

:rolleyes:

8. having a lot of muscle is different than having no flesh covering your muscle. heroin doesn't give them their muscles; it just makes them hideously thin, so the muscles are easily visible.

9. You'd have to pay me to care.

STP used to be a decent band. But they've descended into less than crappiness nowadays, thanks in no small part to Mr. Weiland's "bad boy" behaviour.

While I normally have sympathy for heroin addicts, but I don't see anything special in Scott. Sorry if that's cynical, but oh well.

10. Hategear

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I thought that's what I eluded to. You typically don't build muscle from running 6 miles a day either.

11. hey, maybe he and Slash can get a bulk discount! :D

12. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Time for another Talkshow album?

FWIW - I certainly do not find fault with Scott for struggling with his disease. I hope he can get sober again and hopefully stay sober.

13. MAJOR METAL

Talk Show was a great band i would love to see another record from them. Robert and Dean are producing an album for alien ant farm some kind of new band i think so they might be occupied right now. I just dont know how their record company keeps them with all of their wasted time. The last album shangri la de da i liked but it didint do well did even go a million last time i checked. Get better Scott

14. Funkster

Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    That's just so sad, I like STP and Scotts Voice,
    I seen them right after he got sober and they were incredible!! I hope he gets a handle on it and get's back to what he does best.
    Addiction is a very tough disease!

15. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i ate dinner with him on the tour right o\after he got out. it truly was sad. it's a disease and i hope he wins his battle with it. if you want to hear some stuff that is new and refreshing check out his solo album 12 bar blues.

16. LiquidMidnight

LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Maybe it's my pessemestic side creeping out, but I have a feeling that one of these days I'm going to turn on the TV and there's going to be a news brief on VH1 that goes "Earlier today, Stone Temple Pilots, frontman Scott Wieland, has been found dead of an apprent drug overdoes, ect."

I really hope he gets the "Aerosmith, I'm clean and sober now and love rocking out" thing going on, but for some reason, I doubt that's going to happen. :(

17. MAJOR METAL

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I know KUFO (radio station) had a contest way back in 97 when he got busted: the person able to guess the closest to Weiland getting busted for drugs again got a trip for two to Hawaii or some such. Wonder if it's still valid, and if anyone won?

19. MAJOR METAL

I read in a NY newspapper today that he got rehab instead of jail, the paper listed him as the former STP front man is their any truth in this