1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Scott Whitely Short Scale Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Acoustic356, Feb 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Acoustic356

Acoustic356 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    They are mass producing the SWB-1 Standard. http://www.shortscalebass.co.uk/swb-1-standard/

Is anyone following this? Has anyone ordered? What do you think?

I'm half tempted, especially with the price tag under $1000 for the bass and a flight case.

2. Watching the demo video, at about 6:30 currently. To me, it has a bit less low end that I wound prefer.

Hallic likes this.
  3. Hallic

Hallic

Sep 2, 2012
    I agree, could use bit more low end. OTher than that, sound pretty solid

4. Uncle K

Uncle K The bass player doesn't get a sandwich Supporting Member

Aug 22, 2011
    Erie, PA
    There was one on eBay. Looks pretty cool, I'd like to try it out.

5. Mustang Surly

Mustang Surly

Jul 10, 2013
    I e-mailed him some questions about those some time ago because I was interested. No response whatsoever. That didn't encourage me to order one.

6. Acoustic356

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    Yeah... I think those were pre-orders through the company that's building them. The first run sold out, I think they are doing a 2nd production run.

I'm not sure Scott is directly involved in the build - other than the specs... I did see pictures on Facebook from the factory that is doing the build. There video from the factory on this page: Short Scale Bass

7. blacktocomm

blacktocomm

Feb 19, 2013
    Maryland
    Thats a sick little short scale. I would love something like that loaded with Darkstars.

8. @Mustang Surly

Scott will be pretty busy just now as he's gigging with both Big Country and The Animals & Friends most of this year.

9. Acoustic356

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    So.... did anyone actually buy one?

What are your thoughts and impressions?

10. blue4

blue4

Feb 3, 2013
    St. Louis area
    I like that.