scottsdale arizona

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Jun 26, 2005.

1. hello crew,

i will be in scottsdale, arizona from july 2-16 visiting my girlfriend...of course she will still be working, so i was wondering if anyone has some suggestions for guitar stores, or any real point of interest in that area!

2. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Well, I've never been in the States but as far as I understand, the Fender factory is located in Scottsdale, AZ.
  3. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
  4. now is the factory in scottsdale, or just the management offices? i looked into it, and i thought it said that the factory is in carona,CA
  5. As far as I know Scottsdale is the HQ and the American factory is in Corona. Not 100% on it, but I doubt there's much going on in Scottsdale besides administration.
  6. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

Maybe you're right. Here's what I got from the Fender website:

"Corporate headquarters are located in Scottsdale, AZ, with manufacturing headquarters and the world-renowned Fender Custom Shop in Corona, CA. FMIC markets using the brand names Fender®, Squier®, Guild®, Benedetto®, Gretsch®, Jackson®, Charvel®, SWR®, Tacoma®, Olympia®, Orpheum®, Papoose® and Rodriguez™. For more information, contact Fender Musical Instruments Corporation, 8860 East Chaparral Road, Suite 100, Scottsdale, AZ 85250, (480) 596-9690"
  7. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Sorry, I can't help with Scottsdale stores.

Now if you want to take a road trip down to Tucson I can help you. Go check out Rainbow Guitars(not their website but an article with location and contact info). They don't carry alot of high end bass stuff but they do have the best bass room in all of Tucson, period! Some brands they carry are Yamaha, Peavey, Spector, Eden, Hartke, Rickenbacher, Traben, Ibanez, Ampeg, SWR, Fender, Schecter, etc, etc.

I just remembered there is a shop right there in Scottsdale that specializes in Bass guitar stuff! :hyper:

Its called The Bass Place. Check out their site.
  8. hey thanks for that kelly! how far is tuscan from scottsdale?

plus my girlfriend told me something that i have to look forward to...roadrunners!! she said that they are down there, and i am excited to see one...maybe it will stop in front of me, jump up and down, sticking its tongue out, and going "meep meep!" and then run away quick!
    and then i'll see some sorry coyote chasing after it in some kind of jet car or something...
  9. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Unfortunately Tucson is a really looooooooong drive from Scottsdale. IIRC, its about 150 miles. :eek: Probably not worth the drive unless your really looking for something or just bored to death.

Eh, the roadrunners up there are probably more interesting anyways. Its so hot here they don't run. Its more of a brisk walk! :p Actually, they are pretty cool. :D

Make sure and check out The Bass Place up there though. I haven't been up there yet and would like to hear a "review" of the place and their people. I need to know if its actually worth it to drive up there.
  10. ok kelly, i'll definatly get to the bass place, i called my gf and told her to find out where it is, and that we would be spending 2 maybe 3 days there!