1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SCPB routing template

Discussion in 'Luthier's Corner' started by pudge, Jan 7, 2012.

1. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    Do anyone make a template for the scpb.Mine has turned up missing along with a few others.

2. Rocky McD

Rocky McD

Jun 28, 2005
    San Antonio, Texas
    Builder,mcdcustomguitars
    Stewmac.com has some for about $5.00

3. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    Out of curiosity what is the difference with the SCPB compared to most P bass routs. There are a lot of us you can PM that I am sure coud do a Pbass template for you. Probably every builder here has a Pbass template

4. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    I'm looking for a template for the single coil p bass pickup like on the '51 p bass.I have a template for the split coil p bass p.u.'s.

5. Musiclogic

Musiclogic Commercial User

Aug 6, 2005
    Southwest Michigan
    Owner/Builder: HJC Customs USA, The Cool Lute, C G O
    ahhhh....sorry, I don't do Fender clones, so I was not catching that. If it's just a Single coil size, most builders could do that for you too

6. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Lineā„¢ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    most any builder with a CNC could cut you a super clean template at a reasonable cost if they already have the CAD model and tool paths. if it had to be custom done, the cost might be a bit higher for their added design time

if this is a one use type template, MDF should be an OK material to use. if you're planning to use this template for multiple builds, I'd recommend the added expense of having it laser cut from a more durable material ... but be aware that this could significantly increase the cost

all the best,

R

7. pudge

pudge Supporting Member

Sep 13, 2008
    NY
    I could easily, well not that easily make my own like the one that turned up missing. I don't have any mdf or plexi on hand.I had hoped i could pick one up somewhere bestbassgear has a bunch of them and stew mac but just not the one i need.