1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Scrap (Livingston?) - bassist for Mike Doughty

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Jazzman, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    So, I have always been a huge fan of Soul Coughing and recently was turned on to the Mike Doughty Band when I saw them perform about a month ago (amazing show, probably 100 people there).

Due to the layout of the venue (a lounge at the University of Vermont) I was not able to see the equipment very well. Actually, there wasn't even a stage! I wanted to hang out after the show to have a chat with Scrap, but my wife wasn't at all interested.

So, does anyone know what kind of bass Scrap is playing? I thought it was an old Kay, but then in person it looked much newer. Any of you guys have the scoop?

Here are the few pictures of the bass I found on Doughty's website.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS. If you ever have the chance to see these guys live, do it. I have seen a lot of bands perform, and these guys are at the top with regards to sound, enthusiasm, crowd involvement, and just a all around great time.

2. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I answered my own question, it is a Czech-Ease. I told you guys I couldn't see the stage... ;)