Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Scrap (Livingston?) - bassist for Mike Doughty

Discussion in 'Bassists [DB]' started by Jazzman, Sep 27, 2005.

1. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    So, I have always been a huge fan of Soul Coughing and recently was turned on to the Mike Doughty Band when I saw them perform about a month ago (amazing show, probably 100 people there).

Due to the layout of the venue (a lounge at the University of Vermont) I was not able to see the equipment very well. Actually, there wasn't even a stage! I wanted to hang out after the show to have a chat with Scrap, but my wife wasn't at all interested.

So, does anyone know what kind of bass Scrap is playing? I thought it was an old Kay, but then in person it looked much newer. Any of you guys have the scoop?

Here are the few pictures of the bass I found on Doughty's website.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

PS. If you ever have the chance to see these guys live, do it. I have seen a lot of bands perform, and these guys are at the top with regards to sound, enthusiasm, crowd involvement, and just a all around great time.

2. Jazzman

Jazzman

Nov 26, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    I answered my own question, it is a Czech-Ease. I told you guys I couldn't see the stage... ;)