Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Scrapped the Fishman

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by lermgalieu, Dec 11, 2000.

1. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Ok - due to a few things, mostly the equipment itself, I have decided to scrap my blended Crown/BP100 setup and order a K&K bassmaster pro. We practice in a pretty tight area, and not only was the mic feeding back really easily, the blander (hehe typo, but I'll leave it) was also negatively affecting my transducer signal - I was never able to get up to a usable level, even using only the transducer signal, and yes I played with the trim, phase setup, even tried notching out the feedback with a parametric EQ. I decided its just not worth the frustration. Bob Gollihur sent me some links to hear the K&K in action, and I think I will be happy with it, especially at the price.

--> Lawrence

2. I'm using a K&K Bass Max with a L.R. Baggs preamp with parametric and can act as a direct box. The K&K is great, I think you'll like it.

3. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Excellent - I have a FIshman two band parametrix eq/DI box that I was planning on sticking into the chain if I needed to. Sounds like it might be a good idea....thanks!