1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Scrapped the Fishman

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by lermgalieu, Dec 11, 2000.

1. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Ok - due to a few things, mostly the equipment itself, I have decided to scrap my blended Crown/BP100 setup and order a K&K bassmaster pro. We practice in a pretty tight area, and not only was the mic feeding back really easily, the blander (hehe typo, but I'll leave it) was also negatively affecting my transducer signal - I was never able to get up to a usable level, even using only the transducer signal, and yes I played with the trim, phase setup, even tried notching out the feedback with a parametric EQ. I decided its just not worth the frustration. Bob Gollihur sent me some links to hear the K&K in action, and I think I will be happy with it, especially at the price.

--> Lawrence

2. I'm using a K&K Bass Max with a L.R. Baggs preamp with parametric and can act as a direct box. The K&K is great, I think you'll like it.

3. lermgalieu

lermgalieu Supporting Member

Apr 27, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Excellent - I have a FIshman two band parametrix eq/DI box that I was planning on sticking into the chain if I needed to. Sounds like it might be a good idea....thanks!