1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

"Scratch & Dent" Deal On A New Fender Aerodyne!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Malak the Mad, Apr 22, 2017.

1. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

My local Guitar Center (Wilmington, DE) has a new Aerodyne that's been given a big "Scratch & Dent" price reduction. Some clumsy oaf (I swear on a stack of bibles it wasn't me! :rollno:) caused it to slip off the wall hook. There are a some chips, dents and scratches near the bridge and strap lock, but it's purely cosmetic. I've noodled with it a couple of times and it's perfectly functional…and had it's price slashed by $200! :greedy: So, instead of going for $800, it's now $600.

Killed_by_Death likes this.
  2. I found a Gibson T-Bird in the Fairfax, VA store that had a similar circumstance, but they were only willing to knock off $100.

3. Malak the Mad

Malak the Mad Over the River and through the Looking Glass Supporting Member

Yeah, it's probably a bit arbitrary. My local store also had a Squier with a natural finish that was also dented. Given the base price, it was only a small amount off, but the fact that I had to hunt for nearly a whole minute before finding the single, solitary dent makes me think they decide how much to take off based upon how obvious the damage is.

On the Aerodyne, it's not glaring, but is still noticeable. Also, the chips are on the top and the back. But hey, Aerodynes chip rather easily, so there's no paranoia about if/when the first one occurs…it's already a done-deal!

4. It was pretty obvious the T-Bird had hit the floor hard, that smashed flat for a second on the corner type of ding :roflmao: