Scratches dings and chips on High End Basses

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by thebug, Apr 13, 2002.

1. No, it gives bass more character.

21 vote(s)
    55.3%
  2. No, don't have the money

5 vote(s)
    13.2%
  3. Yes, I want my bass to be perfect.

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  4. Dunno and don't care......

6 vote(s)
    15.8%
  1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Supporting Member

All of my basses are in perfect condition, no nicks or scratches anywhere.

That's because I had a special chamber constructed that I place them in very carefully to play them.

It has holes in the back with gloves that I insert my arms and hands into, and then I can manipulate the strings with the gloves. Everything inside the box is padded velvet, so that if the bass falls out of the neoprene mounts that hold it in playing positon, it will not suffer any damage. And of course, it has a plexiglass front, so that the audience can see the instrument when I am playing it.

When I am not playing my basses, they are stored in their flight cases, inside a climate controlled vault underneath the basement of my house, that only I have the combination to.

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Do you have the same 36 inch armor vault that I do? It's a case about 72 inches high, on the inside, so I actually have to duck when I walk in, but it's nuclear-proof!:D

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    The Modulus has a bunch (damn black painted back) though nothing really big, but none on the top. Doesn't bother me.

The Roscoe has one super tiny one on the back that the previous owner made. The Tobias has none except for a finish marr that was factory.

Again, though, don't care. They still sound great!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021