1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Scratchy switches... daisy chain problem ?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Inconnu, Feb 3, 2017.

1. Hi!
    I've got a little problem which seems to be general, for all my pedals. When I switch then on and off, I hear a little scratchy sound, like a slight buzzing. Having the same problem with 8 pedals at the same time makes me think it's not the switches. I do daisy chain a few of them (but not all of them). Could it be a problem with the adaptor I'm using or should I look elsewhere?

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Process of elimination. Try each pedal by itself, not connected to any other pedals or shared supplies. Then try them in groups of two or three. Try them with one pedal on one power supply and another pedal on a different supply, or on battery. Try the pedals in different order in the chain. In each of these steps, including the way you already have it set up, does the scratch/buzz sound change in volume or quality if you step on the switch a few times in quick succession, or let it go for several minutes before hitting the switch?

3. OK, wondered if there was a short cut. Anyways, seems the problem was caused by a bad patch cord.

4. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Exactly what I was going to suggest, bad patch cable!

5. BadExample

BadExample

Jan 21, 2016
    Injiana
    Cheap fix is a happy fix!