Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

:::::+++:::::Screaming Headless Torsos "2005" Album:::::+++:::::

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by j-raj, Nov 23, 2004.

1. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    I just received my freshly signed copy of SHT's "2005"!!! (Thank you Lian and Fuze!)...

[​IMG]

Has anybody heard it yet? I'm not sure how many SHT fan's there are out there, Fima's bass playing is amazing as well.

There is a remix of 'Just for Now' which is really cool and the two tunes that are available for sample are as amazing as the others on the CD.

I encourage y'all to check out this amazingly creative band:

http://www.torsos.com/

http://screamingheadlesstorsos.com/Website/fiuczynskibuyit.html

2. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I love these guys.

Don't forget about Fima's other bands-
    Lost Tribe(finnaly scooped up their OOP debut on Windham Hill records)
    Hasidic New Wave
    ...and Fima's solo disc, Soul Machine.

3. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Dang, you didn't mention the Live DVD!
    I hadda rub my eyes to make sure I wasn't seeing things!

4. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Ahhh JimK, I knew you were out there!!

I need to buy both Lost Tribe and HNW... All I have from Fima is Soul Machine.

What Me'Shell album is he on?

Hey go out and get the 2005 album I have been listening to it all day!

5. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

Actually I ordered it at the same time and Lian said it will be a little delayed, I cant wait for the DVD!!

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Just ordered both!

7. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

Good move :bassist: !

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    yeah these guys are the bomb!

i have 1995 (i think thats the name) and the one of the live ones

really, really, great grooves - Gene Lake and JoJo are my fav's

9. Oh man. I though this band was a one off fluke. Glad to see they're still making music together.

10. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

Actually they have a few great albums... Plus they have that album that is instrumental: Headless Torsos .

11. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Anyone know what bass Fima plays? Looks like a Jazz, but was wondering what make, etc.

12. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I think he used a Jazz in the past...in the April 2002 Bass Player(Mingus cover), Ephron sez he used a MTD & a Hofner Club bass to record Soul Machine.
    Live? The article sez a '73 maple neck Jazz & a '77 maple neck Jazz.
    He's holding a 5-string MTD in the article's photo.

Again, this was in 2002.

13. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Yeah from what I have seen, mostly Jazzes (he love's 70's Jazz basses) and he has a MTD 435. I think that he is mostly a 4'er... I have never seen him with anything other than a 4-string, but that is not to say that he hasn't owned an 5's or 6's...

Yo JimK, has your copy of 2005 arrived yet? Let us know what you think once it does!

On a slightly related note, my great friend Paul Ehrlich (micro-tonal guru) from Boston brought his new 31-tone guitar over to show Fuze last week. Paul said that even though Fuze isn't as knowledgable about 31 note-per-octave tunings, he totally smoked on the axe!!

14. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    It's here in das haus...I'm waiting until Xmas before I open it, though. I need something to look forward to!
    ;)

Is he related to Marty Ehrlich?

15. Superdave

Superdave

Apr 20, 2003
    St. Louis, MO
    Yeah, they looked like 70's Jazzes in the videos and pictures. His bass tone on 1995 is incredible, great lows, and punchy highs, especially when he thumps that thing.

Anyways, I guess I'll have to look into getting 2005..how's the live DVD?

16. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

JimK,

Aww come on open it!

No Paul isn't related to Marty.

Paul was a physics major at Yale and did his senior project on the 22-tone system. He had an Ibanez 7-string Universe re-fretted for 22 frets per octave... 10 note scales... two 5ths... :eek:

17. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!

He has the coolest tone!

Actually I received an email from Lian (fuze's wife) saying that the DVD's have delayed from the manufacturer. It will be some time before we get them... We'll report about it once we have all seen it.

18. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    JR-
    Got the same e-mail from Lian; it's cool, I can wait.

I'm curious about the LIVE CD; I have the 'original'(paid a hefty Import price, too)...was wondering about the 'new/domestic' remaster. Is it cleaned up? The 'original' has a bit of a rawness about it; definitely different from the 1995 cd(a very clean, clear mix, IMO).

I will not open that envelope from www.torsos.com...
    Weird about your friend, Paul. I think Marty Ehrlich plays about 22 notes per octave on his horns...drives the Jazz purists crazy!
    ;)

19. j-raj

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    Which live CD were you referring to? I have only one LIve CD the cover has Fuze and Freedom on it.

That is funny that Marty does Microtonal tpt playing... Like Albert Mangelsdorf?

If the DVD come before Xmas, you gonna wait to open it as well?

20. chimp

chimp

Dec 4, 2004
    South Africa
    Well they are certainly one of my Favorite bands!!! I cant wait to get hold of the DVD and this new CD they are pretty incredible. J-raj whats the new cd like i have the 1995 cd of them live i think at the knitting factory, has there been a big change in sound or is it still screaming headless torsos sound?