1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Screaming Trees Transcriptions

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by Otso, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Otso

Otso

Mar 6, 2006
    Finland
    Cold Rain
    Page 1
    Page 2

Any sort of comments are welcome. First song I've transcribed and it's a pretty fun bassline to play, although it's obviously quite repetitive, but it's a good song.

2. cowsgomoo

cowsgomoo gone to Longstanton Spice Museum

Feb 8, 2003
    UK
    good transcription but I spotted a couple of things

the song is in A minor with a move to relative major C in the chorusy bit... the F#'s really only in there as one of those passing type chords... so drop the F# in the key signature and notate any F#'s with accidentals

the last note of the 1st bar of the main 2 bar phrase should be D not E, and the last note of the 2nd bar of that phrase should be an open A, not D

on the 2/4 bars, the last eighth note is a G#, and it's not stacatto

when you have big whole notes taking up a full bar like the one halfway down the first page, it's often easier to read if you make the bar roughly as big as your other bars... just so the eye scans the page evenly

bar 33 is a bit busier on the recording than your transcription, and there's a little octavey widdle at bar 34

3. Otso

Otso

Mar 6, 2006
    Finland
    Thanks for pointing those things out.:) I'll fix it.

4. Otso

Otso

Mar 6, 2006
    Finland
    Ok, so here's "Standing on the Edge", someone who's familiar could check it for errors, please :)
    Page 1
    Page 2
    I'm sorry about the constant repeats, but I didn't want to waste a load of pages for that, and I couldn't figure out how to get the notation program to put a bunch of notes under one tie.