1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Screem for Bleed DOD build

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by icecycle66, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Keep the Supra on the board.

9 vote(s)
    81.8%
  2. Take the Supra off the board.

2 vote(s)
    18.2%
  1. icecycle66

icecycle66

Feb 4, 2009
    Arizona
    So, I have all the parts I need for my pedal board. I have pedals and a board…that should be about it.

However, I don’t know exactly how I should set it up, and I would like your help.

Should this board, “Screem for Bleed”, have the Supra Distortion on it or not?

2. I can tell that at least one of those is a modulation pedal, and I'm not too knowledgeable on DOD pedals, what sort of effects are in the chain alongside your Supra? I don't know what your style is, but I'd keep it just in case you need an alternate kind of drive to your sound. If not, and you're more concerned with chain length and losing your natural direct signal when bypassed, then take it out. Cool board, though! :)

3. randysmojo

randysmojo

Jan 14, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Of course it really depends on what sounds you need, but do any of the other pedals do for you what the Supra does? I noticed the Meatbox (want one!!!), a modulator, Fuzz, Supra of course, and one other that I can't make out and I'm not familiar with. If it is not the same type of distortion and you need or want that, then keep it of course!

4. It seems like you have all four of the most rare/weird/cult-followed DOD pedals, and then there's the Supra. I say get it out of there unless you really want to use it. I could be wrong, but this board seems like a tongue in cheek kind of thing.

Super jealous of the collection BTW.

5. NKUSigEp

NKUSigEp

Jun 6, 2006
    Bright, IN
    And with this inaccurate assumption, you have just been gonkulated! :D

6. icecycle66

icecycle66

Feb 4, 2009
    Arizona
    Mingus: This is a tounge in cheak board. I have been aquiring these pedals for about a year now, and now that I have them I should do something with them. Other than the Supra, that's been laying around the house for years.

For those not familiar with these DOD pedals;
    They all have some sort of overdrive built into them.
    Meat Box: very low frequency eq (and other stuff), can distort if pushed
    Gonkulator: Funky bad ring modulator, with a Grunge distortion circuit.
    Punkifier: Distortion/overdrive pedal
    Buzz Box: octave down with distortion

Supra is just distortion.

7. theretheyare

theretheyare

Sep 4, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing: Arkham Vacuum Tube Amplification
    wow. i love those old DOD pedals.