1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Screws going missing out of the bridge :S

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by (hed)-less, Dec 5, 2005.

1. I play an Ibanez BTB 406 QM six string; and I noticed the other day that the screw that connects the bridge to the saddle for the C string has gone missing :S :S :S

I have no idea how this has happened, I'm worried about using the bass until I can find a replacement incase the spring goes missing, but at present the C string is still playable and stays intune suprisingly. I have no idea what size the screw is as it isnt a standard screw - additionally I have contacted Ibanez but I am yet to get a reply :crying:

Does anyone have any suggestions whether they be for a temp fix or something solid? Have any of you had similar problems?

2. I had a similar problem with a Squier years ago. Take the bass with you to a good hardware store...not a "building supply center"...a hardware store with a large inventory of fasteners. Show the guy exactly what you need and your problem will be solved in a matter of minutes at a cost of a few pennies.