'Scuse me, just letting out a little GAS - just ordered a new Lakland Skyline 55-02

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by dave64o, Jan 19, 2005.

1. dave64o

dave64o Talkbass Top 10 all time lowest talent/gear ratio! Gold Supporting Member

Jun 15, 2000
    Southern NJ
    Thanks to all who helped when I asked about them a little while ago. Those posts and all the others I found when I searched on helped persuade me.

I just got off the phone with Gard at Bass Central and my new natural/rosewood 55-02 should be on my doorstep early to mid next week. Gonna be a long week waiting for it to get here. A picture of it is below.

Thanks again, all!
  2. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    55-02, nice choice, congrats!
  3. pointbass

pointbass Semi-Retired Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Congratulations! and you know the drill .... pic's and a review please :bassist:
  4. De Teng

De Teng

Oct 27, 2003
    Utrecht, Holland
    Nice looks... I got a sunburst myself... rosewood fretboard too. It sounds really awesome for the money!
  5. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    You won't like that bass .....

you'll love it.

Congrats on the score! :bassist:
  6. 1954bassman

Jun 7, 2004
    Hickory, NC
    I have a 55-02 fretless, the only imported bass I own. It is so so so sweet, I mean sweeeet! :p

Beautiful bass, I know you will love it.

7. Dude

Dude Commercial User

Mar 19, 2000
    Owner: The Dude Pit Forum (closed) Producer: School of Bass
    Excellent timing on a great bass!! I just got word yesterday that there may be a slight price increase on the 55-02's after NAMM!

Gard's still kinda a moe but you'll love the bass!!

8. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    +1, except mine's a burst with maple, and I'd just say it sounds awesome PERIOD. :)

I think I may feel a "55-02 users unite - post pix" thread coming on soon... ;)

Congrats! Ever played one before? If not, you might wanna' have some fresh underwear handy for when you first play it plugged in... ;)