Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SD Alley Kat

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Captain Awesome, Oct 27, 2001.

1. Captain Awesome

Captain Awesome

Apr 2, 2001
    PDX
    These are from the cheaper Korean made "Performer" line. I figure anything would be better than the pickups in my Ibanez GSR 200 and $40 doesn't seem too much to spend as far as an upgrade for a cheap bass. Are they any good?

2. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

You could try a Hamer, Shechter, Jackson, or ESP with a P pickup and you would be trying it out. The Alley Kat is the same P pickup on those, only packaged for Guitar Center as SD's Performer line.

I've seen one review where the owner put one a Peavey Milestone and all he said was it "improved the sound" for a low cost.

Pretty sharp marketing angle Duncan has - there really hasn't been a market niche created for pickups that fall between junk and pro quality.

3. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Ive got one in my MIM P.Sounds better than it did with the stock pickup,imo.