Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SD Basslines MM p'up in SUB

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by manavdhir, Sep 2, 2005.

1. manavdhir

manavdhir

Aug 25, 2005
    Has anyone used the BassLines MusicMan pickup SMB-4D? I'm thinking about putting it in my MM SUB.

Does anyone have any comments on the tone?

I've got the passive version of the MM SUB, and have already established tht i can install a Bartolini p'up in it, tho can i put a basslines MM p'up in it without installing an active pre-amp?

2. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Yeah...you can. I've done it w/the 5string version that had a preamp. You should have no problems whatsoever without the preamp though. I had to reverse some wires to get mine to work but it did work just fine.

3. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    It'll work fine and be a little bit brighter than what you have since you're swapping alnico for ceramic. I'll give you $20 for the old one.

4. dlloyd

dlloyd zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Apr 21, 2004
    Scotland
    You're swapping this out because of string balance, right? What strings have you tried?

5. manavdhir

manavdhir

Aug 25, 2005
    nah, i used to hav a string balance problem, but solved tht by adjusting the height of the p'up.

i just wanted to know the general sound difference, if there was any, between the stock and basslines p'up...and thn decide frm there if u wunna go thru with it.

o and sorry m8, won't be sellin the stock p'up even if i do change it out! Cheers for the interest tho!

One other qstn now...would there be a greater difference in sound if i was to just get the new p'up and shove it in my bass

OR

if i was to keep the existing p'up and get an aguiler pre-amp fitted in??