SD Hot Stacks vs. DiMarzio Ultra Jazz

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by RAM, May 27, 2001.

1. RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    I read the article in Bass Player magazine, and as many posts here as I could search on, but still am trying to find more information about how they sound; and, maybe even how they compare.

Anyone with opinions either way on these two J-pups?

Responses are very much appreciated!!!:D
  2. just a quick reply, i've got them on my 99 us J

there really good, they allow you to reproduce all the tones and sounds you currently get, but there just so quiet, they have a bit more power nothing drastic, but solo the neck pu and hear it grunt, i've got 45-105's and with the tone around 7 and just the neck, i can get some fat sounds, every thing up full and it's nice and round, bridge and you can get some really nice jaco stlye sounds, i prefer this fro playing come on, come over

there worth there money, there good value and an exact replacement.

one thing though, if you get them, consider sheilding your bass, i had them for about 9 months, and i was experience alot of electrostatic noise, a few people with the ultra's have, but i had everything sheilding(paint) and it doesn't make a sound,, i sometimes leave the room without switching it off

i've got it setup with a BADass2 and the sustain and clarity is amaizing, with a good setup it can do anything, i just need a 5 now!!!!!

3. I agree with Tyburn about the Ultrajazz. I don't know about the hot stacks, but I have played classic stacks, which are first rate.