SD Quarter pounder p/j?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Gord, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Gord

Jan 10, 2004
    BC, Canada
    just wondering if seymour duncan ever made the P/J combo in the quarter pounder line? If not, could I buy a precison quarter pounder and a jazz quarter pounder bridge position and have it sound decent?
  2. rluk

Nov 4, 2004
    Tallinn, Estonia
    yes yes, I m also interested in this. I have a sd quarterpound p
    lying around. I want to know which J would be a good idea with it.
  3. I just installed a p/j setup in my precision special and i am impressed with the results. it livened up quite abit. :eyebrow:
  4. wow, sure has been alot of P/J talk around here lately.
  5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    Actually, P/J is probably my favorite pickup config.
  6. I agree! I seem to buy basses with p/j setups only because i am so used to them on my spector ns2 basses the precision special came with a p/j setup and the price was good. so i put the dunkin 1/4 pounders in it to liven it up. now i use this bass all the time.
  7. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    +1, well, actually, it's in a close 2nd with the G&Ls humbuckers.

8. main_sale

Apr 26, 2004
    Cape Cod
    I put a set into a Fender Hot Rod P-Bass I had it they were very nice. They were much louder and seemed to offer a wider dynamic range than the stock pups, which were also very good. They are a hot passive pickup. I sold the bass eventually and wish I had it back. The new owner told me he thought is was the best sounding best he ever heard and it became his "Number 1". I'll probably have some again some day.