1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Sdgr ibanez bass info

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MatBruyere7, Mar 23, 2013.

1. Hey i just bought an ibanez sdgr bass I think i got a good deal i paid 125$ for it. Anyways I'm new at bass and I was wondering what all the knobs do, i know one is a volume and im assuming tone but theres 4 knobs and then a smaller ring around the bottom that also does something. of them i'd appreciate if someone could help me out. Thanks

2. ack

ack Why Can't We All Get Along?

Nov 19, 2006
    Somewhere near Raleigh
    I don't own one, but here's a link to the Ibanez Bass Catalogs.
    Select the year, then your model, and from the brochure you'll see an inset picture of the controls and what they do.
    http://www.ibanez.co.jp/anniversary/index.html

3. Skygoneblue

Skygoneblue

Nov 13, 2007
    Orlando, FL
    If there's a stacked knob, it's likely you have an active bass. Is there a battery compartment in the back? If so, it's active, which means you have treble, mid, mid frequency, and bass controls, along with volume and pickup balance.

Give us the model number from the back of the headstock, and we'll be able to help you further. It should say something like SR400, SR350dx, etc.

4. Andyman001

Andyman001 moderation must be taken with a grain of salt Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2010
    Idaho
  5. It is an active bass i knew that much but i dont have the number because im at work ill be home in an hour to get it