Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

sea of madness!

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by The Long Distance Runner, Nov 14, 2000.

1. someone tab the bassline 2 minutes and 53 seconds into this song and you will recieve a reward!

2. APouncer

APouncer

Nov 3, 2000
    Lancashire, UK
    The tune? The band? If I dig deep into my long lank hairy studded past, I seem to remember a tune by Iron Maiden on "Stranger in . . . ." Is this the tune to which you require tabbing?

3. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Considering he's calling himself "The Long Distance Runner", there should be little doubt in that he wants Iron Maiden's "Sea of Madness" from "Somewhere in Time" (1986).

I'm not giving it, for hey, TLDR: You're asking the wrong questions in too many places at the same time. You posted the same message in Basses, Miscellaneous AND Off-Topic!

You've been a bad, bad boy!

4. APouncer

APouncer

Nov 3, 2000
    Lancashire, UK
    ? ? ? How on earth did you know that? Am I missing something? ? ? Listen TLDR, move away from 80's rock, check out the BOOTSY thread in basses! And before posting, (OK, it's tricky to know where to post) read other threads on each topic to get the appropiate one for your request!

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    Being an old Maiden freak, I should know, if any. "The Loneliness of a Long Distance Runner" is a track on the same album as "Sea of Madness". The album itself is probably the weakest of the 80's Maiden albums. (But it isn't bad.)

6. APouncer

APouncer

Nov 3, 2000
    Lancashire, UK
    Don't tell me, it's coming back, did it also include "The rime of the Ancient Mariner"? I used to like that album, quite close to prog-rock if I remember correctly (which I probably don't) and the weakest? Surely that honour has to go to "Piece of mind"?

7. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    No. "The Rime..." is on Powerslave (1984). Piece of Mind? Well, it has its ups and downs, just as Somewhere in Time, but I think the good songs on POM is better than the good songs on SIT. But nothing beats Virtual XI in being the worst. That album completely sucks.
    And nothing beats Seventh Son of a Seventh Son in being the BEST. That is one great album! :D

What are we doing, really? This is still in Technique! :eek:

[Edited by Oysterman on 11-15-2000 at 07:14 PM]

8. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Seventh Son of a Seventh Son! Wow! What an album.

Maiden never was quite the same after that album, and never the same after Adrian Smith and Bruce Dickinson left.

Powerslave was awesome, Piece of Mind was good, but had some throwaways IMHO.

9. APouncer

APouncer

Nov 3, 2000
    Lancashire, UK
    With regards to Piece of Mind, I have a memory of a tune in 3/4 time about prehistoric times, I think it started "In a time; when dinosaurs roamed the earth". I must say that that deserves a gold star! Somehow I have moved from Napalm Death and the Maiden over 9 years through dance music, jungle music, ambient ending up at Mingus, Miles, Dizzy etc I think this is a topic for off-topic, but how can people's tastes change that much?

10. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    The song you're seeking is called "Quest for Fire", but it's in 6/8 time (yes, there is a difference).