Seafoam green: the pepto-bismol of greens

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by frustum, Apr 29, 2021.

1. frustum

frustum Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2020
    Austin, TX, USA
    I realize everyone has their own aesthetics and I'm OK with that. That people make sea foam green basses is OK in principle ... but things have gotten out of hand, and I have questions.
    • Why are there so many sea foam green basses these days?
    • Is this driven by user demand, or is this a nefarious plot by marketing geniuses, fond of using terms like "colorway," to push change, any change, to stimulate sales?
    • If you like sea foam green instruments, at what age did you learn you were colorblind?
    • As someone who lived through the 70s and remembers the avocado, orange, and brown appliances and looks back in horror, how long will it take before the bass community looks back on these sea foam green times with equal horror?

2. :roflmao:

Saint70, grrg63, TimB1226 and 3 others like this.
  3. I have a StingRay Special in Cruz Teal (aka Seafoam Green), and you're really hurting its feelings.

4. sleddogn

sleddogn

Sep 8, 2013
    Its my favorite between that and surf. The seafoam just pops more. I'm putting the over/under at 5 pages before the lock comes out, LOL:laugh:

5. 80jazz

80jazz

Jun 28, 2008
    Kansas
    I bet it's hot!

I like seafoam green, and I am not color blind.

6. Bassclef46

Bassclef46

Feb 1, 2021
    obviously people like them and buy them. next question will be why do they make so many black basses

also pepto bismol is pink

7. Craig Orndorff

Craig Orndorff Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2021
    I love green but not sea foam. What I’d really like to see make a comeback is British Racing Green.

obieito, cchorney, Tbone76 and 32 others like this.
  8. Yes, it is pink (well, to my colorblind eyes it is gray, but I digress), but it was merely a comparison to the pink stuff. As for horrid colors in houses, we once passed on a beautiful house due to some orange and red flame patterned linoleum and an outdated kitchen with orange cabinets. My wife said PMS in that house would most likely lead to suicide.

9. Do not care if it makes a comeback.
    By definition it is a superior color for instruments and sportscars ;)

10. Craig Orndorff

Craig Orndorff Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2021
    Yeah, it’s my top choice.....what I mean is the problem is the only manufacturers seem to be out of my price range. I did score a Squier Standard Special PJ recently though.
    A55F115D-2F2C-49FE-921B-54B7D2B0716C.png

6tzguy, cjp54, Mickey666 and 12 others like this.
  11. b6f6c4d2595589809b63aaca6205e0f6.jpg By now I might be able to afford to buy this but likely never will be able to afford to own and maintain:roflmao:

12. There are so many because it’s an awesome color? I’m sure there’s a vintage vibe/nostalgia to it. Makes me think of a classic Chevy.

BBassBassington, Pdaddy1978 and 3bc like this.
  13. mapleglo

mapleglo Gold Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2013
    phoenix, az
    I'm not a fan of seafoam green basses (or guitars, for that matter), but I did like this seafoam green guitar case.

case.jpg

Guido Fawkes, murphy, Gaolee and 32 others like this.
  14. C Stone

C Stone

Sep 4, 2020
    USA
    Not color blind and currently looking fir light seafoam green color as we speak for a refinish.

murphy, BeeTL and petrus61 like this.
  15. I’m only just now softening up to White - Arctic White, Olympic White, Vintage White...can’t decide one which I’d want on the next build...

bassmike2010 and 20GLJazz like this.
  16. edencab

edencab

Aug 14, 2013
    Toronto, On
    and how do you feel about Daphne Blue?

17. SpazzTheBassist

SpazzTheBassist

Jun 20, 2006
    Here
    I remember CeeLo Green...didnt he have a few hit songs out a few years ago?

18. Grizelda100

Grizelda100

May 16, 2020
    San Diego
    But if pepto bismol was green it would be sea foam green.

I dunno, I like it.

snworks and Fenwick like this.
  19. mmon77

mmon77 Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2008
    Southern MN
    I like seafoam green. Then again, I have a house with a 70s kitchen with the original orange formica countertops and backsplash that I've not gotten around to replacing, so what do I know.

20. 2112

Apr 30, 2005
    inb4 lock

I rather like the seafoam-maple colorway. And I'm also fond of harvest gold, avocado green, burnt orange, and coppertone brown.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2021
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021