Seafoam green: the pepto-bismol of greens

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by frustum, Apr 29, 2021.

1. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

What about seafoam paisley? I designed this with perfect sight.

Cd1CPuq.jpg
    JAqUJEt.jpg

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Ricky Rioli, tubatodd, wmmj and 22 others like this.
  2. wmmj, DrMole and monsterthompson like this.
  3. Nice work. I really like paisley, it always reminds me of microscopic organisms swimming around.

wmmj, DrMole and MAJOR METAL like this.
  4. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    Brad Lowe, Lowe Custom Guitars
    Bruce Eggleston likes this.
  5. C Stone

C Stone

Sep 4, 2020
    USA
  6. That Cruz Teal color is hot

C Stone likes this.
  7. C Stone

C Stone

Sep 4, 2020
    USA
    Ricky Rioli and BeeTL like this.
  8. Paint code Dupont 4148L - green : This green automotive paint color is most commonly known as Seafoam Green

C Stone likes this.
  9. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I guess my bass is actually surf green instead of seafoam.

P Fleet 2020.jpg
    Oh well, still going to call it seafoam green since chicks dig it better :D

But wait! I look up Dupont 4148L and my bass is that color, and they call it seafoam green.

Vindication is mine!!!

10. monsterthompson

monsterthompson The Eighth Note Wonder Of The World Supporting Member

Nov 25, 2008
    Hollywood
    And the cat’s pajamas

DrMole, Neill Graham and Spectrum like this.
  11. utterlybored

utterlybored

Apr 16, 2021
    You sound like an amazing friend. I am sorry for your loss ... and for the poor Seafoam Squier buried out back.

Spectrum likes this.
  12. OregonJim

OregonJim

Apr 3, 2021
    Seafoam green is fine with me.

I like any color except for black. Or white. Or red. Or pink. Or (worst of all) tobacco burst.

What I can't explain is why I have 2 black guitars, 2 white, 1 red, 1 pink, and 3 tobacco burst.

No, I don't have 9 guitars - that would be crazy! I have 17 (plus 4 basses).

Last edited: May 6, 2021
    Ricky Rioli and BigBottom61 like this.
  13. artimus667

artimus667 Doh!

Nov 3, 2008
    Seattle
    I’m with you on the sea foam green. Probably my least favorite guitar color. Ocean Turquoise. Now that’s a color! I will say that Fender has a metallic sea foam green type color that is showing up on the American Professional 2 line that I’m in love with. Making it sparkle was a game changer for me.

marc40a likes this.
  14. Wretched Banana

Wretched Banana

Mar 7, 2020
    MA, US
    After owning & playing only carefully selected all-black guitars in death metal bands for 20 years, I'm now primarily a bass player doing pop and funk more than anything.

I own an orange Jazz and just placed an order for the obnoxious Ferrari Green Dingwall among other things guaranteed to earn everyone's appreciation when I play Mustang Sally on them.

But this tasteless streak all began when I saw a sea foam Fender, didn't even know the difference between a P and J back then. That day something changed (broke?) inside me, I knew I had to pick it up and switch to bass. No shame, I embrace the person I've become.

15. kohanmike

kohanmike Gold Supporting Member

This thread seems to have opened the door to various shades of blues, greens, and some not even in the ballpark, but I'm a purist. This 24.5" scale SmallGuitars MB-1 started out pink, it was on sale at the time for $150, I bought it knowing I was going to have it and the truss rod cover painted Fender sea foam green by Pat Wilkins. I added the stick-on fret markers, Strat knobs and Gold Tone/La Bella MBLS flatwound strings.

small P-bass pink.jpg
    Small P-bass done 900.jpg

MAJOR METAL, Spectrum and BeeTL like this.
  16. BeeTL

BeeTL Commercial User

Sep 26, 2006
    Oldsmar, FL
    Brad Lowe, Lowe Custom Guitars
    Now you've gone and done it...welcome to the rabbit hole!

:D

JimmyM likes this.
  17. MAJOR METAL likes this.
  18. Thanks for clearing up the distinction between Sea Foam Green and Surf Green. They are often mistakenly referred to as the same color, there are several posts in this thread that seem to make that mistake. Yes, the pastels are very difficult to photograph and retain the original color, I have tried many times. This Telecaster photographs fairly true to the Surf Green the I am looking at right now in my studio. It is actually an aged yellowish Surf Green compared to newly made Surf Green Fenders that I have, but the others photograph more minty in the bright sunlight. See second photo with this guitar in the six o'clock position. They are all Fender/Chevrolet Dupont Surf Green.
    DSC_0467.jpg

DSC_0821.jpg

Last edited: May 7, 2021
  19. IMG_1574.jpg

blowinblue, BeeTL, JimmyM and 2 others like this.
  20. This auto is Surf Green, and that is why it is such a tough color.

mikewalker likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 18, 2021